Housing Policy & Regulations Officer
£40,632 - £42,609 depending on skills
Full Time, Permanent
Would you like to help our client create thriving, safe and sustainable neighbourhoods where residents can be proud of their homes, respect one another, and realise their full potential?
They are now recruiting a Housing Policy & Regulations Officer, to join their newly formed Regulatory Assurance Team. You will play a key role in helping them meet and demonstrate its compliance with regulatory standards and prepare itself for changes driven by the Government’s Social Housing White Paper.
Specific work will include:
- Leading on designing and delivering a programme to monitor compliance and risk against regulatory standards
- Horizon scanning on emerging policy, regulatory guidelines, and best practice
- Providing expert briefings to the Board and Executive Team about changes to the regulatory framework for social housing and providing assessments of potential consequences.
- Helping to identify and deliver service improvement in partnership with residents
They are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual who is committed to developing and delivering innovative solutions to them to respond to the changing regulatory landscape.
You will have a strong track record of working in a policy or regulatory environment and experience of engaging stakeholders at senior levels. You will also demonstrate a good understanding of the social housing sector and emerging changes. Candidates must have strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
If you have the talent and ambition to challenge and support them to deliver new and improved services, an appetite for innovation and aspiration to make a positive difference for residents they would very much like to hear from you.
Their offer to applicants:
In return for you choosing to work with us they will offer you a range of great benefits, including:
- 26 days paid holiday each year, plus 8 bank holidays
- A fantastic career-average pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice schemes
- Amazing commercial discounts, including discounts at many gyms, shops and restaurants
- Your voice heard through our staff forum and networking groups for women and LGBT staff
- Newly refurbished offices, with free tea, coffee, fruit and shower facilities
- Interest-free season ticket loans
They particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) candidates, as these groups are under-represented within the Company.
Our client is a Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from disabled candidates. They guarantee an interview to disabled candidates meeting the minimum set criteria for the role.
The Selection Process
The selection process will require candidates to attend an assessment day and virtual panel interview, details of which will be confirmed with candidates once shortlisting has taken place.