Community Engagement Officer (Part Time)
Bedfordshire with travel
C£16,054 (pro rata’d) plus car allowance £1,216
Permanent, Part Time (22.5 hours per week)
Do you want to bring people together to create thriving communities?
Does undertaking community projects to bring about positive change excite you?
Are you a creative problem solver?
If so, this is the role for you!
Our client is are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
They work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, they remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Their Residents, shared owners and leaseholders are at the core of everything they do. With every employee playing an important part in ensuring they continue to provide them with excellent customer service and maintaining our role as a responsible landlord.
They are seeking a Community Engagement Officer to join them. Working with internal and external partners you will help develop thriving communities by developing and delivering innovative and exciting community led solutions
What you will be doing:
- Initiating and encouraging community cohesion, including being involved in the planning and handover of new housing developments
- Identifying and helping to secure funding and other resources for community based initiatives / projects
- Empowering communities to create a voice that can tackle their needs and represent their interests
- Encouraging residents to participate in decision-making consultation and other resident involvement activities
They’d love to meet someone with:
- Experience of working within a community based role
- Experience in managing projects
- Strong communication and reporting writing skills
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Awareness of relevant political changes affecting communities in social housing
- A full UK driving licence and the ability to work out of hours at short notice
Amongst what they offer you is:
- A competitive salary of C£16,054 (pro rata’d) plus car allowance £1,216
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Free life assurance
- Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Successful candidates will need to complete a basic DBS application.
They reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that they have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
They are an equal opportunities employer and they are keen to attract diversity into the organisation.
Closing date: 22nd October, 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed