Impact Hub King’s Cross is a social enterprise and a home for positive change. We bring together impact-driven individuals and organisations through our coworking space, business support programmes, and events, to collectively build a more fair and sustainable future.
We are part of a leading global network of 100+ Impact Hubs across 50+ locations with 16,500 members.
For more information see: http://kingscross.impacthub.net | http://impacthub.net
Impact Hub King’s Cross is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Programmes Manager to join our core team in an exciting time of growth!
This opportunity directly contributes to the organisation’s two strategic areas: Climate and Inclusion.
To further our mission to make the sustainability sector more inclusive and diverse, we are launching an 18-month incubation programme to support individuals from underserved communities to develop a business based on circular economy principles.
We are seeking a Programmes Manager with experience and interest in climate, food and inclusion, who will lead on the delivery of this new programme (and work across others), including project management, advising entrepreneurs and reporting/evaluation activities.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in learning more about designing and delivering effective social/green entrepreneurial support initiatives, particularly to audiences that may face additional barriers to starting up a business.
The successful candidate will report to our Senior Programmes Manager and energetically support the Programmes team as well as work with our Community Manager to add value to the Impact Hub King’s Cross members’ experience.
- Deliver one or more programme for social entrepreneurs, including:
- project management and tracking,
- recruitment of participants, mentors and experts,
- event/workshop organisation and delivery,
- enterprise diagnostics, 1:1 entrepreneur support and offering business advice
- Liaise with and regularly update programme stakeholders, including participants, alumni, mentors, partners and funders
- Conduct reporting/evaluation of programmes to assess their impact and areas for improvements
- Support the programmes team to develop and improve processes that increase efficiency and improve our offer to entrepreneurs
- Contribute to developing new programmes, workshops, events and other services at Impact Hub King’s Cross
- Work closely with our Marketing and Communications Manager to support programme/participant recruitment and publicity
- Identify partnership opportunities that benefit our programme participants and co-working members
- Work closely with Impact Hub Global and other Impact Hubs to deliver collaborative programmes.
- An interest in the social enterprise sector
- Knowledge of early stage business foundations
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Experience managing programmes (ideally entrepreneur programmes)
- Highly organised and process oriented
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey complex topics and principles in an accessible manner
- Ability to facilitate workshops, events and peer learning sessions
- Experience of working successfully in partnership with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of having run your own small business
- Knowledge of circular economy principles and general environmental sustainability acumen
- Experience and knowledge of community-led development
- Experience working with individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Connections to London-based organisations that support individuals from lower socio-economic backgrounds
- Contacts within climate sector organisations and awareness of opportunities for environmentally focussed startups
- Knowledge of human centred design, with experience in design thinking or customer/user research
- Impact measurement skills
Are a confident self-starter, persistent and patient
Thrive in a small team with an entrepreneurial feel
Have values driven approach to your work
Are a confident multi-tasker
Demonstrate attention to detail
Are motivated by delivering high quality outputs, often to tight deadlines
Can operate in an environment characterised by change
Are keen to build and develop the role as suits the needs of the business
Have creative and innovative ideas
Are committed to creating positive social and environmental change
Are passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion
Terms and Conditions
Working hours: 9.00am-5.00pm, 37.5 hours per week, not including breaks.
We are also willing to consider the option of 4 days (0.8FTE), equivalent of 30 hours per week.
In addition, occasional weekend working and flexibility may be required with time off in lieu or overtime. We also offer a holiday allowance of 25 days per annum plus national bank holidays. We are happy to consider qualified candidates interested in working flexible hours
Location: Currently based at Impact Hub King’s Cross, 34B York Way, N1, but due to expansion plans these roles may transfer in future to an alternative location in Central London. The successful candidate would be expected to work with the team at our office, however, part-time work from home options can also be arranged.
Contract: Permanent with a 3 month probation period. Starting Salary is £25,000-29,000 per annum full time, plus pension and profit share scheme.
How to Apply
If you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Programme Manager’ and attach your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role, and how you meet the person specification. Applications without both a CV and a cover letter may not be considered.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds. To limit any unconscious bias, all applications will be anonymised. Please let us know if you have any other accessibility needs.
Deadline for applications: 17, October 2021
Interviews will be held on the 22nd and 25th of October 2021. Please keep these dates free.
We are ideally looking for someone who can start as soon as possible.
Due to the level of applications expected, we regret that we may only be able to reply to