Charity Representative (Charity Fundraiser) - Part-Time
Home/Field-Based (covering Yorkshire and Humberside)
The Fire Fighters Charity offers specialist, lifelong support for members of the UK fire services community, empowering individuals to achieve mental, physical and social wellbeing throughout their lives.
We recognise that no two people requesting our support do so for the same reason and we therefore tailor our service to achieve the best outcomes for each of our beneficiaries.
We’re now looking for a Charity Representative to join us, working flexibly across 30 hours per month, to raise income for, and increase engagement with, our charity and cause.
- £4374.65 per annum
- Pension (8% pension contributions)
- Annual leave of 25 days’ holiday rising to 27 plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to health care cash plan
- Access to Headspace App
- Flexible working practices as appropriate to the role
Our service helps members of the Fire and Rescue community, whether they are concerned about their mental health and wellbeing, recovering from an injury or illness or need social wellbeing support. Our service is free to access and helps any member of the UK fire services community.
Without donations, our important work would not be possible, and you will play an integral role in ensuring we can support the fire services community for years to come.
What’s more, you’ll be promoting our services to the people we are here to support, ensuring they are fully aware of the help that is at hand, should they ever need us.
So, if you are adept at forging relationships and eager to help our charity deliver on our commitments and expand our audience, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As a Charity Representative, you will raise awareness of our work and increase engagement with both current and former fire and rescue service personnel across Yorkshire and Humberside.
Visiting fire stations within your region, you will increase income from regular donations, lottery sales and other face-to-face fundraising by delivering presentations on the Fire Fighters Charity to the fire and rescue community.
You will also manage groups within the fire rescue service to help understand how we can help their personnel and how our services can form part of their Health and Wellbeing programme.
Working across North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and Humberside, you’ll undertake some overnight stays and work on a flexible basis including some weekends and evenings.
Reporting to the Community Engagement Team Leader, you will:
- Act as a link between the Charity and fire and rescue community
- Communicate national fundraising and engagement activities across your area
- Promote our work with passion and enthusiasm
- Share information about the support we can provide
- Record all activity in the CRM system in an accurate and timely manner
To join us as a Charity Representative, you will need:
- Experience in developing and maintaining successful working relationships
- A working knowledge of Data Protection and Information Security principles
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences, including evidence of the ability to deliver presentations in a confident and clear manner
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Proficiency in IT, including standard Microsoft packages and customer relationship management / electronic recordkeeping systems
- A full, valid driving licence
Experience of fundraising or promoting a charity or service would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Charity Fundraiser, Fundraising & Engagement Officer, Face to Face Fundraiser, Lottery Fundraiser, Regular Giving Fundraiser, Community Engagement Officer, Fundraising Executive, Community Engagement Executive, or Charity Fundraising Officer.
Please note: During the current pandemic, we are making all reasonable provisions to protect our employees and have implemented a number of initiatives to support this. Our interview, new starter and employment practices all operate in accordance with the latest government guidelines regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
This role is subject to a Standard Disclosure and Barring Services Check. The Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. When recruiting our new team members, regardless of the role, we are looking for people who share our values to help us to achieve our strategic plan. More information about the role, our strategic plan and how to apply can be found on our website.
We reserve the right to close this role early should we receive a sufficient number of applications. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to contact applicants who are not shortlisted for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application was not successful this time.
So, if you are ready for your next step as a Charity Representative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.