Job Title Marketing and Partnerships Manager
Department Marketing and Communication
Reports to Marketing and Communications Manager
About the Union
Students’ Union UCL is an organisation that exists to make more happen. We are the representative body for University College London’s (UCL) students, one of the most diverse student communities in the world. UCL students have the potential to do anything, and the Union leads an essential role in helping them to achieve things they may have never thought possible. As a charity we employ over 70 full-time staff and deliver a wide range of services and representative functions for students.
Purpose of the job
The Marketing and Partnerships Manager will lead on developing and delivering effective marketing campaigns to support the Union’s objectives and managing relationships with external suppliers, agencies and events companies.
The Union currently operates multiple commercial outlets on the heart of our campus in central London including bars, cafes, a gym and a shop as well as providing student services such volunteering, advice and representation. The Marketing and Partnerships Manager will support, train and advise Union departments, outlets and Sabbatical Officers on the development and delivery of effective marketing plans.
In addition, the Marketing and Partnerships Manager will lead our work developing income streams through advertising sales and events by developing effective relationships with advertising sales agencies, high-profile clients, and external events providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work across Union departments and commercial services to develop innovative marketing campaigns aimed at increasing engagement with our services, opportunities and events.
- Advise Union departments and commercial services on effective ways to market their services and projects.
- Develop marketing plans, with the support of the Marketing and Communications Manager, to enhance and grow our commercial services in response to changing business needs.
- Manage the delivery of marketing projects, ensuring they meet the expected outcomes.
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers to support the delivery of marketing projects with close attention to cost and quality.
- Report on the impact and key performance indicators of marketing projects.
- Undertake market research in Union commercial outlets to inform decisions for marketing planning and service development.
- Support the effective delivery of events during key times of the year, including Welcome Week.
- Be a brand champion and support departments in the successful application of our brand.
- Support the effective training, induction and development of permanent staff, casual staff, volunteers and sabbatical officers as required.
- Develop and manage effective partnerships with advertising sales agencies to deliver income generating advertising campaigns.
- Develop and manage effective partnerships with clients to deliver income generating advertising campaigns.
- Develop and manage effective partnerships with external event providers and venues, to create a vibrant off-campus events experience.
- Line mange the Marketing & Customer Relations Assistant.
- Recruit, train and manage student casual staff and volunteers as required to meet the needs of the team.
- Ensure casual staff and volunteers are briefed and supported effectively during their work on Union projects.
- Ensure casual staff are paid in a timely manner and that staff rotas and timesheets are handled with high attention to detail.
- Deputise for the Marketing and Communications Manager when required.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Liaise with Union departments to resolve queries and build productive working relationships.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Actively comply and promote UCL’s equal opportunity policy.
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading as requested by the Head of Finance.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
The full job description and person specification is available through the UCL website.