Could you be our fundraiser?
INTRODUCING SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS:
“Life is an uneven playing field – we want to level it out”
Some people may view SOHK as a rugby charity, others as a mental health charity. Others will say that it is the place where they found the confidence to thrive at school or simply get a job when they never thought that was possible. Working with people aged from 11 to, well, there’s no specific upper age limit (!) we just want to create a society where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed. Here’s what one professional has written about us:
“School of Hard Knocks is about the development of the whole person. By enabling self-worth through an environment of genuine acceptance, participants move from a mind-set characterised by threat, instability and confusion, to one that promotes and maintains optimism, emotional resilience and ultimately life satisfaction. In essence the 'School of Hard Knocks' provides individuals the opportunity to find a meaning and purpose to life.”
Dr Mikel Mellick PhD, CPsychol, AFBPsS, RegPractPsych (HCPC) - Senior Lecturer in Athlete Mental Health, Cardiff Met
Our entire staff team are on a mission – but fun, energy and passion fuel the journey. Do you think this is the sort of team you want to be part of?
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Over the past nine years, SOHK has forged many positive partnerships with foundations, businesses, and individuals who connect with us at many levels. As we look to our 10th Anniversary year, 2022, we are looking to galvanise those existing relationships and win a ton of new friends and partnerships through an ambitious programme of events and an anniversary campaign, which will be curated by a highly experienced Campaign Manager with whom you will work closely (and learn a ton from).
The headlines of the role then are:
- To be a key member of the events planning team.
- To support the Campaign Manager through research and execution of stakeholder and engagement events.
- To help develop a bold and ambitious plan to take us forward beyond the anniversary year.
- To inspire people to donate money, cycle , run, row for us (for example!) advocate for us – and to give them a positive experience in doing so.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE JOB:
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including patrons, corporate donors and sports celebrities.
- Supporting our directors in their regional events (Cardiff, Edinburgh, London).
- Working with the Campaign Manager on a series of stakeholder and engagement events.
- Promoting and co-planning our newly annualised ‘Le Jog’ cycle (and possibly others!).
Time at your desk:
- Giving quality time to our CRM and squeezing the most out of it.
- Doing lots of research on potential / current, mid-high level donors.
- Working with the finance manager to keep the income that we generate in line with areas of need.
A great work culture
- Genuine flexibility in terms of where you work.
- Termly wellbeing days with the team and an all-round commitment to your wellbeing.
- A commitment to your development and career progression.
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Will be highly organised and methodical.
- Will be data savvy and comfortable around a CRM.
- Will be a great ‘people person’ – likeable, positive, supportive.
- Will be coming with five or more years fundraising experience in the charity sector (but if it’s four and you’re a superstar…..).
- Will be ambitious and prepared to put the hard yards in!
- Will be able to work on their own for chunks of time but also commit to one day a week in our London office.
- Will be fully aligned with our vision and mission.
SALARY, START DATES, CONTRACT ETC
- The salary will between 28-31k depending on demonstrated experience.
- We want to get you started as soon as possible, though we appreciate you may have to work a notice period.
- This is a full time, permanent role.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by clicking on Apply now to send over a cover letter and a CV.
The closing date for applications is Monday 18th October 2021.