Senior Project Manager - Turtle Dove Test & Trial
Location: Flexible in England
Salary £32,400.00 - £35,944.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
The role is a fixed-term contract until the end of May 2023
This role can also be offered on a secondment basis
*The working location is flexible meaning that you could be based anywhere in England, however, please note that the successful candidate will need to travel to farms in Norfolk, Suffolk, and Essex when required. Therefore a valid driving license will be essential.
The charity is looking for a dedicated person with a real ambition to work with the farming community on nature conservation projects.
If you have excellent coordination skills and a passion for helping to shape the future of countryside management for the benefit of turtle doves – this is the role for you.
This is a great role to make a big contribution to shaping the future of land management support for farmers and wildlife and will offer an excellent stepping-stone for a career in nature conservation.
What’s the role about
The charity is looking for a person with project management skills or a good track record in coordinating activities that include partnerships, reviewing success and liaising with farmers.
The role will lead and complete the Defra-funded Turtle Dove Test & Trial where the charity have been working with approximately 100 farms in four zones within Norfolk, Suffolk, and Essex.
This will involve:
- Using appropriate Project Management tools and approaches to ensure successful delivery of the Turtle Dove Test & Trial.
- Managing a farmland advisor supporting farmers with creating and managing habitats in line with their successful auction bids.
- Leading the learning and review phase of the project, to understand the potential role of the reverse auction mechanism in future environmental land management.
- Developing a social science approach to capture the experiences of farmers involved with the project and likelihood of future participation in reverse auctions.
- Working with project partners including Defra, Oxford University and consultants EnTrade to deliver project outputs and outcomes.
What the charity needs from you
You will be an experienced project manager with experience in collating and communicating learning. You will provide leadership in the vital learning phase of an ongoing project, driving it forward and bearing responsibility for its success. You will need excellent people management skills to be able to motivate and guide your team, and to work with the project participants. You will be responsible for devising the best approach for learning from the farmers and land managers who have engaged in the project, producing progress reports and final recommendations for the project team and Defra.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of the management and successful delivery of complex projects.
- Experience of cost and budget management with an understanding of financial systems.
- Proven time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and balance a diverse workload often to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of agri-environment schemes and their economics.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentational) – including an ability to produce clear written communications.
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders, and in partnerships, to achieve shared outcomes.
- Knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative methods of social science research to collect unbiased data from individuals or small groups.
- Ability to use a methodical and robust approach to collect, manage and analyse information and summarise learning.
- Ability to support and develop staff using a variety of management techniques.
- Demonstrable leadership ability, including an ability to lead without line management authority.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions to changing circumstances.
- Competent user of core MS Office programmes.
- Working knowledge of standard project management approaches.
- Valid Drivers licence.
Closing date: 23:59, 25 October 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
No agencies please.