Joining a fantastic Children’s Hospice in Surrey/ South London, the Head of Communications & Marketing will be responsible for setting the agenda for the strategic direction and delivery of all aspects of communications and marketing for the charity including the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing and communications plans for campaigns and events to drive audience engagement and participation.
Drawn to a role with line management, you will effectively lead, inspire, develop and manage the Communications & Marketing team enabling them to achieve key digital marketing, PR, brand and communication objectives.
- In-depth experience of working in a marketing or communications role at Manager level or above
- Relevant and demonstrable experience of managing people (staff, volunteers, agencies) producing first-class communications
- Relevant and demonstrable experience of developing effective communications and marketing plans to support campaigns and events
- Relevant and demonstrable experience of using insights and analytics to inform ideas and plans
- Experience of project-managing multiple and complex projects
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in digital communications
- Strong experience in media relations, particularly reputation management
- Experience of brand management
The ideal candidate:
- Strong interviewing technique, copywriting ability and the understanding of what makes a good story Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work through difficult situations sensitively and confidentially while maintaining the team’s overall objectives
- Ability to work under pressure, through heavy workloads and to tight deadlines
- Ability to think and work strategically
- An unyielding attention to detail, a can-do attitude and a passion for creativity
This is a 6 month FTC, to start in the next couple of weeks.
Location- Hybrid working- 1-2 days in the office in Surrey/ South London (close to the train station, and also just off the M3 with parking onsite), with the remainder of the week working from home.
6 month FTC.
Please e-mail your CV to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org for more info! The organisation is reviewing applications on a rolling basis.