We have a new opportunity for a Floating Support Worker, working full time, on a permanent basis.
Position: Floating Support Worker – Homelessness
Hours: 37.5 hours
Closing Date: 17th October
Who you’ll be helping
You will be working at the specialist support centre for the homeless, particularly for those who have experienced addiction or mental health issues. The support network and accommodation provides a stable, relaxing and motivational atmosphere for our customers to make a positive new start in life.
What will you do?
The Floating Support Worker is responsible for the delivery of individual, positive, outcome focused support packages to clients of community based services and ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence to clients within their own homes. It is imperative to work as part of a staff team that is committed to “best practice” in the social housing field whilst travelling and working within a defined geographical area.
Day to day
Your usual responsibilities as a Floating Support Worker will include:
- Provide a housing related support service to clients in their own home.
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Supporting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent and liaising with landlords etc.
- Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs. Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of welfare benefit claims.
Does this describe you?
You are experienced in working with vulnerable client groups and delivering structured support in either housing or social care. You have demonstrable basic proficiency in Microsoft Office and are willing to undertake training for company specific IT systems.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, the organisation offers you:
- Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
- Pension Scheme
- Eye tests, glasses and lenses
- Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
- 25 days’ holiday per year
Who are the organisation?
One of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations with group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at its core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, the organisation is fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families, seeking to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is this role for you?
The organisation wants you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, it treats its customers with this same respect. You are trusted to protect customers, people and the business as it see’s outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions. Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. You can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining as a Floating Support Worker, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that the organisation can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which it works. Please note: Measures to protect candidates and colleagues from Covid-19 are in place so virtual interviews will be held.
You may also have experience in areas such Resettlement Worker, Homelessness, Homeless Project Manager, Homeless Caseworker, Project Coordinator Homelessness, Resettlement Caseworker, Housing Support, Substance Misuse Worker, Recovery Worker, Youth Recovery, Health and Wellbeing Worker, Outreach and Engagement, Wellbeing Recovery Worker, Supported Living, Recovery Worker, Criminal Rehabilitation, Substance Rehabilitation, Recovery Support, Recovery and Resettlement Worker, Homelessness, Social Housing, Housing Officer, Housing Support Worker, Social Housing Support Worker, Dual Diagnosis Worker, Housing Officer, Care and Support Worker, Ex Offender, Service Coordinator, Recovery Lead, Recovery Coordinator, Homeless Recovery Worker, Crisis Recovery Worker, Mental Health Recovery Worker, Housing and Resettlement Worker, Resettlement and Integration, Outreach Resettlement.