Sense has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Engagement team as a PR Officer.
Location: King's Cross, London, N1 9LG
Salary: Circa £28,500 per annum (Inc. London Allowance)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
This full time position will work flexibly between home and our head office in King's Cross, London.
In this role you will lead on national and regional press coverage that builds the profile of Sense, increasing public awareness of the vital work the charity does, as well as the issues facing families and people with complex disabilities.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Securing national and regional online, print and broadcast coverage.
- Implementing initiatives, such as press briefings, to build relationships with key media contacts.
- Drafting, editing and issuing high quality, compelling written materials including press releases, interview briefing documents, case studies and quotes from Sense spokespeople.
- Monitoring news and media relations and bring and relevant issues to the immediate attention of the Communications department.
Key skills and experience
- Experience of working in a PR, media, or communications environment.
- An active knowledge of current affairs.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to craft compelling statements and press releases.
- The ability to build strong relationships, think creatively and manage your time effectively.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Closing date: Monday 18 October 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 26 October 2021
To Apply and For More Information:
If you would like to apply or find out more about this position, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to our website where you will find further information.
No agencies please.