Development Initiatives applies the power of data and evidence to build sustainable solutions.
Our mission is to work closely with partners to ensure data-driven evidence and analysis are used effectively in policy and practice to end poverty, reduce inequality and increase resilience.
While data alone cannot bring about a better world, it is vital to achieving it. Data has the power to unlock insight, shine a light on progress and empower people to increase accountability.
We are now looking to recruit a Project Manager to join us at our Bristol office.
- Salary of £30,000 - £34,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus all Bank/public holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working arrangements (e.g. homeworking, flexitime)
- Healthcare scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid study leave and financial support
- Paid professional membership fees
- Buy and sell holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Informal work environment (e.g. casual dress)
- Free access to the onsite gym in the Bristol office
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for causes that address poverty and help vulnerable people
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced project manager looking for a new challenge to advance their career with our ground-breaking organisation.
Here at Development Initiatives, we have a culture of transparency and innovation, and your role will be vital in helping us achieve our goals through effective and inspiring leadership. In return, we can offer you a fantastic rewards package and a supportive work environment surrounded by colleagues who are passionate about ending poverty.
So, if you enjoy variety and are eager to deliver projects that make a real difference, we want to hear from you.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering a broad range of projects from research publications and technical products to high-profile events and operational improvements.
Based at our office in Bristol, you will predominately be working on the Global Nutrition Report (GNR) project.
Specifically, you will:
- Facilitate input and gain agreement from key stakeholders on scope, schedule, budget, risk and quality
- Establish and maintain governance for the delivery of projects
- Create and manage budgets for specific projects, analysing expenditure and producing reforecasts
- Lead on planning and relationship management
- Manage donor liaison for fundraising including identifying areas requiring support, drafting funding proposals
- Prepare project and budget content for individual donor templates
To join us as a Project Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience in project management
- A demonstrable ability in managing a range of diverse projects
- Experience in planning, relationship and stakeholder management
- Experience of facilitating the resolution of challenging project issues
- The ability to lead, enable and motivate
A project management qualification such as PMD Pro, PRINCE2 Practitioner, PMP or similar would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge of international development and/or or a demonstrated interest in nutrition-related issues.
Other organisations may call this role Charity Project Manager, International Development Project Manager, Project Lead, Project Team Lead, or Project Team Manager.
Development Initiatives is an equal opportunities employer and in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
Please note, early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.