Supporter Engagement Officer
Location: Rochester Airport
Application Deadline: 17th October 2021
For over 32 years, Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex (KSS) has been providing world-leading pre-hospital medical services to critically ill or injured patients wherever they are, whenever they need it. We serve a population of 4.8 million people plus a transient population of 90 million people, making us one of the busiest Air Ambulances in the UK. We are at the forefront of utilising technology and innovation to save lives and improve patient outcomes, which has made us one of the world’s leading Helicopter Emergency Medical Services.
To help support our service, Team KSS is looking for a Supporter Engagement Officer who has a passion for building relationships and providing the highest level of customer service. At KSS we aim to put people at the heart of all we do, and as a Supporter Engagement Officer, you will be responsible for representing KSS when communicating with our supporters. The role will require you to deal with any supporter queries, as well as providing a customised thank you to show our appreciation for their support or fundraising activity.
Reporting to the Head of Supporter Engagement this role provides wider support to our Income Generation, Marketing and Communications Team, and will expose you to the range of fundraising channels within KSS. This exposure will require you to have the ability to work collaboratively and manage your time appropriately.
Duties for the role will include:
- Provide support to our Income Generation Teams by handling calls, managing supporter queries, both written and verbal, and updating records within our CRM system (Donorflex) as required
- Work with teams to resolve complex supporter needs and manage their resolution as required
- Ensuring high levels of supporter care, keeping records up to date and recording new details (this includes the accurate capture and implementation of our supporters' marketing preferences)
- Assist our supporters in setting up online giving pages, ensuring they are added to our system correctly and thanked appropriately
- Manage incoming queries to our social media platforms and interact with our supporters via comments to improve customer care and drive social media engagement
- Run reports via our CRM system (Donorflex) to assist with thanking
- Maintain accurate records of supporter interactions and uploading of required documentation
- Assist supporters with queries relating to Gift Aid and following procedures to ensure Gift Aid is applied correctly, records kept are accurate and meet provided guidelines
- Deliver thanking for supporter donations and fundraising contributions, customising template letters and writing bespoke content to reflect individual support. Follow agreed processes to gain relevant input from Income Generation Teams (e.g. signatures) and ensure that all communications adequately reflect KSS’s tone of voice and identity
- Act as a first point of contact for supporter complaints and compliments, supporting the broader team by logging and categorising these in order to enable resolution and reporting
- Work closely with colleagues within the Income Processing Team to ensure donations are efficiently processed to enable supporters to be thanked appropriately and identify ways to improve the end-to-end thanking process
- Maintain an awareness of KSS’s strategy for increasing funds and how supporter engagement might play a role in this
- Explore and propose opportunities for KSS to continually improve the experience that it offers to its supporters
- Adhere to the Charity Commission guidelines and other external regulations (e.g. GDPR) – as set out by KSS’s internal processes, policies and procedures
- Work closely with colleagues within the broader Income Generation, Marketing and Communication Team to ensure consistency of the charity’s brand and message within the department’s activities
Please be aware that KSS will look to conduct interviews week commencing 18th October, however, this vacancy will continue to be advertised until a successful candidate has been appointed.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Supporter Engagement Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Supporter Care Officer, Communications Officer, Stewardship Officer, Supporter Operations Officer, Supporter Engagement Assistant, or Supporter Journey Officer.