Be a part of Team Rescue and join a growing dynamic group of fundraisers and marketing professionals dedicated to building a better future for animals, people and the planet.
We are looking to recruit a Community Fundraising Officer to join our small but growing fundraising and marketing team. This role would suit somebody with a real passion for our work and the drive to inspire and encourage others to support our incredible projects. We are committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
International Animal Rescue (IAR) is an award winning charity based in Uckfield, East Sussex, committed to animal welfare, conservation and habitat protection. At International Animal Rescue, our vision is a world where humans and animals coexist in sustainable ecosystems. We not only save animals from suffering, we also rehabilitate and release them back into the wild and work to protect their precious natural habitats. Our work includes cutting free and caring for captive bears in India and Armenia, rescuing and rehabilitating orangutans and other primates in Indonesia and treating injured and orphaned howler monkeys and other wildlife in Costa Rica. Our aim is to return animals to their natural environment wherever possible, but we also provide a permanent home for those that can no longer fend for themselves. As human populations expand, wildlife comes under increasing threat. By rescuing individual animals belonging to species like the orangutan and reintroducing them into protected areas in the wild, our work also plays a role in the conservation of the species as a whole.
We have seen our community fundraising offering grow over the past few years and we are ready to take it to the next level. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is inspired and motivated by the work of IAR to co-ordinate, develop and grow our community fundraising effort. If this is you, we would love to hear from you!
Application process: Email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put Community Fundraising Officer as the email subject.
Job Description – Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement, coordinate and develop IAR’s events programme.
- Be the first port of call for supporters who call or email with an interest in organising a community fundraiser in support of our work.
· Build meaningful relationships with new and existing community fundraisers.
· Monitor online giving pages – reaching out and offering support to fundraisers to help maximise on fundraising potential.
· Maintain ongoing relationships through email and phone communications.
· Create promotional material including; posters, certificates and other content required to support fundraisers and fundraising.
· Send out fundraising materials – always ensuring a personal message is included
· Develop, monitor and manage the growth of Facebook Fundraisers.
· Be responsible for personalised correspondence with supporters both hand written and over the phone.
· Develop community fundraising as a meaningful income stream through research into new ventures.
· Attend events outside of the office and, at times, outside of normal working hours.
· Keep up to date records of communications with community fundraisers, to include updating profiles on Raisers Edge.
· Liaise with schools to develop fundraising initiatives and lesson plans in areas such as environment, animal conservation/welfare and climate change.
· At least 2 years’ experience of co-odinating and delivering a community events programme (E)
· Experience of working in a charity/fundraising environment (E)
- Experience in design and content creation (E)
· Experience talking to supporters/customers over the phone and via email (E)
· Knowledge of JustGiving and other fundraising platforms (E)
· Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram (E)
· Experience developing relationships with supporters/customers (E)
· Experience of planning and prioritising a large workload (E)
· Experience of communicating with a wide range of age ranges and people (E)
· Experience of working with supporter databases (D)
· Experience of working, and being a pro-active member, of a small team (D)
· Experience of using Microsoft Office programmes (E)
Capabilities & Competencies
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· A creative thinker that will add value to a small team
· Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise effectively
· Meticulous, attention to detail
· Excellent written communication
· Proactive and self-motivated as well as being able to work well as part of a team
· Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with supporters
· IT literate with good administrative skills
· Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Flexible, proactive and positive attitude with a real enthusiasm to work hard and get great results.
• A passion for animal welfare, conservation and protection of the environment
• Flexible approach and adaptable to working in a small cross-functional team
• Willing and able to occasionally carry out other tasks for IAR as and when required.
· Ability to prioritise conflicting demands; able to work with team members to share, motivate and influence; creative thinker, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude; desire to use initiative and seek continuous improvement.