Community Partnerships Manager (Fundraising)
Yeovil or Taunton based – although flexible working from home while COVID restrictions are in place
£28,254 - £30,230, dependent on skills
Our client's patients, their families, their staff, volunteers, and supporters are at the heart of their charity.
Partnerships with our community are at the heart of their fundraising and we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced fundraiser looking for a new challenge or taking the next step in their career. If you thrive on building and maintaining successful relationships, read on to find out more!
They have a small but growing team of community and corporate fundraisers, and they are looking for the right person to join and lead their enthusiastic and friendly team. You will take responsibility for creating and delivering fundraising plans to engage their Somerset community, generating sustainable support – from individuals, groups and companies. You will also take the lead in nurturing their fabulous fundraising volunteers, who enable the team to get the job done.
Utilising evidence and experience, you’ll agree annual income and donor recruitment targets, and drive innovation within the team to help reach or exceed them. That could involve everything from coming up with the next big fundraising campaign to role-modelling exceptional supporter care of the wonderful people who choose to fundraise for them
As an Ambassador of our client, you will get out and about in the local community on a regular basis as part of a frontline fundraising team. You’ll need bundles of energy combined with a passion for the cause and a desire to make a difference. No two days will be the same, and you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re helping to change the lives of people in the local community. If you think you could be the person they are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant fundraising role
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to work collaboratively to deliver team goals
- Experience of delivering gold standard supporter/customer care to maximise outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to deliver key messages in one to one or group settings.
- Proven ability to successfully implement fundraising or marketing activities through to conclusion.
What they offer
In return, they offer a rewarding role in a stimulating and positive working environment, with active support for training and opportunities to develop new skills, while knowing that you are helping to make each day count for individuals and families in Somerset.
- Auto-enrolment for eligible staff in workplace pension scheme
- Initial 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata, increasing dependent on length of service.
- Eligibility for NHS discounts – Blue Light Card
- Free car parking.
- Confidential and free 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family offering:
- Legal, Financial and Medical Information and Advice
- A Vitality & Wellbeing health portal
Closing date: 8th October 2021
Interviews: w/c 18th October 2021