Wellbeing Co-ordinator - Hackney Social Prescribing (FTC)
We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
We are proud to be the provider of Hackney’s existing social prescribing service, which is commissioned by City & Hackney CCG. The service recently won “Best Larger Project” at the inaugural Social Prescribing Awards 2019. Due to additional funding from City & Hackney Primary Care Networks/Neighbourhoods, we’re delighted to be expanding the provision further.
We are currently looking for two Wellbeing Co-ordinators to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract, working 37 hours per week.
- Salary of £30,556 - £33,180 per annum pro rata, inclusive of Inner London Weighting
- Competitive leave entitlement and pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- A full induction and ongoing quality training
- The opportunity to become part of Family Action initiatives
- Flexible working hours
If you have experience of using various therapeutic approaches to improve health and wellbeing, this is an outstanding opportunity to make a real difference to communities across Hackney.
You will have the chance to inspire and empower service users and support local healthcare providers to take a holistic approach to their patient’s health and wellbeing.
We are a forward-thinking, ambitious organisation with a commitment to continuous improvement. We’re people-focused, positive and strive for excellence in all we do. If you share our values, we would love to hear from you.
As a Wellbeing Co-ordinator, you will work as part of our Primary Care Network Multi-Disciplinary Healthcare Team. Providing 1:1 personalised support, you will utilise a holistic, strength-based approach enabling you to identify the wider issues that impact upon service users’ health and wellbeing.
Additionally, you will:
- Assess patients and co-produce bespoke wellbeing plans
- Help individuals to identify the wider issues that impact their health and wellbeing and find ways to address these
- Work with stakeholders to raise awareness of the social prescribing service
- Address any barriers that are preventing people from accessing the service
- Build strong links with local VCSE organisations, community and neighbourhood level groups to strengthen the support available to patients
- Create a ‘menu’ of community groups and assets to connect individuals to as part of their wellbeing plan
To join us as a Wellbeing Co-ordinator, you’ll need:
- Experience of providing empowering support to adults in a planned and structured way to improve health, recovery and wellbeing outcomes
- Proven experience of using different therapeutic approaches such as Motivational Interviewing techniques, CBT and Solution-Focused Therapy
- Excellent holistic assessment and consultation skills
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system, housing systems and welfare grants
- A comprehensive understanding of the social and emotional determinants to health, such as loneliness, depression and anxiety
- A professional health, social care and/or mental health qualification to at least degree level
Other organisations may call this role Social Prescribing Practitioner, Wellbeing Worker, Health and Wellbeing Support Worker, Social Prescriber, Link Worker, Social Prescribing Link Worker, or Community Link Worker.
The closing date for applications is 9am, 6th October 2021.
Webrecruit and Family Action are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Wellbeing Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.