Do you have a passion to see the churches in the UK led by men and women who have been well prepared for their crucial roles? LWPT is looking for someone with combination of fundraising experience and an eye for detail so needed in administrative work.
LWPT was set up in order to support Christian leaders as they head towards or are currently in positions in the local church that shape God’s people. We develop preaching capabilities, offer supporting resources and give significant scholarship grants.
If you are successful, you will be responsible for developing the financial support and membership offering to those who support this ministry. You will be reporting to the Marketing and Membership Manager.
We offer a generous salary package as well as a pension, more than normal holidays and a suitable life assurance scheme. We also like to invest in the ongoing development of staff skills that are appropriate to the jobs they do.
Throughout the pandemic, LWPT have worked successful from home thanks to an excellent online support system. As it appears as if we are heading towards a post-pandemic world we will be open to thinking creatively about what the work life will look like for all of our staff through a hybrid working option.
So we’re looking for someone with a commitment to see Christian leaders who are able to offer their local ministries the skills needed to strengthen the church. In particular, the development of income through fundraising as well as a mind committed to good supporting administration tasks.
1. Aims of the role
a. Membership administration and development
b. Take our fundraising capabilities up a notch
c. Support the Membership and Marketing Manager
2. Key tasks
• Update the database with new memberships, contacts, gone-aways and general
correspondence to maintain database records.
• Run monthly membership renewals.
• Deal with customer service enquiries.
• Maintain the stock records for products and marketing collateral.
• Maintain database and marketing campaign records.
• Maintain marketing filing.
b. Marketing & Fundraising
• Implement social media campaigns (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter).
• Execution of digital and offline campaigns.
• Help to organise events and attend when necessary.
• Donor relationship development.
3. Skills and experience
• The ability to work from home with good home wifi access.
• Ability to travel to the office in Watford when needed.
• Experience in fundraising for a UK-based NGO.
• Able to use full Microsoft Office suite.
• Social media marketing experience.
• Experience of using and maintaining a customer database.
• Must be able to multi-task for a key role that needs focussed planning.
• Able to work with other members of staff on joint projects.
• Obvious passion to see preaching and Christian leader’s skills developed in UK
• Eye for detail and design.
• Use of Canva.
• Business writing experience – creating copy for social media posts, fundraising
adverts and customer service letters.
4. Personal qualities
• Well organised.
• Attention to detail.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Works well in a team on and offline.
5. Other requirements
• Applicants must prove that they have a legal right to work in the UK.
• A valid UK driver’s licence and own car.
• Able to be flexible on work time when events are being conducted and be able to
stay overnight when required.
To apply send your up-to-date CV and a covering letter on one side of A4, outlining why you feel you meet the job description. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 25/10.
If you wish to talk to the Marketing and Membership Manager about this role please email email@example.com to organise a time. www.lwpt.org.uk