Events Officer (Maternity Cover)
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Now, we’re looking for an Events Officer to join our busy team on a full-time, 13 month fixed-term contract, covering a period of maternity leave.
- Salary of £22,532 - £26,200 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance (after probationary period)
- Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye Tests
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental/maternity/paternity leave, holiday exchange, volunteer days and sabbatical leave
- Long service awards and Blue Cross Spirit Awards
- Develop your career with a charity that’s been supporting animals since 1897
If you have a background in event fundraising, this is the perfect opportunity to join our wonderful charity and lead fun and engaging events that inspire, bring joy and, most of all, raise vital funds which support the important work we do.
Working on events across the UK, you will have the chance to engage with our dedicated supporters, identify and innovate new fundraising opportunities and make a vital contribution to the welfare of pets in our care and to the services we provide.
So, if you are looking for a rewarding role where you can make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
As an Events Officer, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of sustainable fundraising events and activities.
Reporting to the Events Manager, you will lead a variety of challenging events, both virtual and physical, including Rescue Run and the London Marathon. As well as developing marketing activity to recruit and retain event participants, you will build strong relationships with our supporters and help them take their fundraising to the next level.
In addition, you will:
- Support the Events Manager in the delivery of agreed income budgets
- Help develop, implement and evaluate new fundraising opportunities
- Review and improve current fundraising techniques
To join us as an Events Officer, you will need:
- Proven experience working in event fundraising
- Demonstrable experience in researching, planning, delivering and evaluating a range of fundraising activities
- Proven experience of working with internal and external agencies and advertisers to ensure projects are delivered
- The ability to develop and deliver marketing plans to recruit participants through a number of different channels
- Excellent written and face-to-face communication skills
- The ability to manage a variety of projects with conflicting priorities
- The ability to work with other fundraising teams to deliver diverse activities
- A full driving licence
Knowledge of fundraising databases (ideally CARE) would be beneficial to your application, as would an understanding of the principles of supporter care and volunteer management.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, on a 13 month fixed-term contract. Occasional evening and weekend working will be required to help deliver events when needed.
The closing date for applications is the 3rd October 2021, with interviews scheduled for the 11th and 14th of October 2021. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
To apply for this role, all candidates are required to complete the online application process. Please read the job description to find out more.
The first stage of our recruitment process will be a competency-based interview to find out more about you and we will share lots more information about the role.
The salary for this role is a Grade: 4.2
Other organisations may call this role Charity Events Officer, Events Co-ordinator, Engagement and Events Officer, or Events Executive.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Events Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.