Contract type: Full time
Remuneration: £50,000 - £55,000
Location: Central London
Reporting to: Head of Product
Working at SH:24
First off, thank you for considering a role with us!
SH:24 is a pioneering online sexual and reproductive health service, delivered in partnership with the NHS. We make it easy for people to self-manage their sexual and reproductive health online by providing free STI test kits, contraception & treatment, information and advice - 24 hours a day. We’ve won a host of awards and industry recognition for what we do, and we’re happy to say that our reach and services offered are expanding every day.
We are not-for-profit and passionate about delivering discreet, convenient and clinically safe sexual health services. Our vision is to make it easier and faster for people to access sexual and reproductive health services, no matter where they live; we’ve been doing it since 2013. We’re also proud of our community and the people who work for us; those who have helped us shape a company that puts our users at the heart of everything we do by designing services that are easy to use, easy to access and easy to understand by all that need them.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Content Manager to work in our Service Development team to oversee the delivery of our multi-brand content management strategy across the UK and beyond.
This is a new role for SH:24, initially reporting to our CEO. You’ll work closely with our marketing, service development and clinical teams across all touchpoints, and all our three brands; SH:24, Fettle and Jojo.
SH:24 has already had a dramatic impact within the UK and internationally, with online sexual health services now delivered as standard across the UK, and SH:24 delivering over half a million STI tests every year.
We are looking for someone who shares our vision for a world where everyone has access to sexual and reproductive health services, and with the drive, energy, and tenacity to turn our plans into reality.
What We Need From You
At the heart of it we’re looking for someone to design, write, and manage content that makes a difference to people’s lives.
You’ll be a highly skilled content manager with a passion for delivery and upholding excellent experiences. As this is a new role you’ll need to be ready to embrace a challenge and collaboratively help us craft tactics and processes which help deliver our content strategy.
You’ll be enthusiastic about creating positive social change, be user focused, collaborative, and have a flexible approach suited to working within an agile, fast-paced health care environment.
The role will also include the following activities:
- Taking ownership of and overseeing the delivery of our content management strategy and tactics
- Advocating for collaborative, user-centred content creation techniques and communicating the value of these techniques to internal users
- Looking at ways to measure and iteratively improve our uses experience
- Create engaging and impactful content to serve multiple business needs
- Develop and maintain SH:24’s multi-brand content management strategy to ensure the organisation is a relevant, accessible and trusted source of information
- Take responsibility for the quality of content across SH:24 (across multiple formats and touchpoints) including monitoring, reviewing, and appraising content across the organisation
- Using evidence, data, and research to make content decisions
- Champion the role of content design and support internal users to understand techniques for content creation (over more traditional copywriting)
- Use collaborative, user-focused techniques to create and appraise high quality content in line with strategy and tactics
- Oversee and support internal and external writers to produce high quality content
- Generate and map user stories and integrate them into our content offer
- Engage and work closely with the clinical, marketing, service development and operational teams to ensure content meets user needs and influences key stakeholders
- Oversee and contribute to and use the content guides and content patterns
- Explore and develop new strategies for content generation and delivery
- Communicating thinking and working processes in order to upskill colleagues and get them involved
We’re looking for someone with the following experience:
- Experience of content strategy development and delivery (ideally for multiple brands)
- Content management using a headless CMS and the re-use/re-deployment of content across multiple spaces
- Management of a significant content library
- Writing health information and communicating about health
- Designing and writing user centric content for multiple audiences, across multiple formats
- A strong appreciation for user experience, the importance of good design and high-quality visual executions
- Experience of monitoring and managing the performance of content via analytical tools
- Experience or good awareness of respected content design and management principles and best practices (for example, GDS Design Principles)
We’re looking for someone with the following skills:
- Managing expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work openly and collaboratively
- Confident communicator
- Good listener, honest critic, and imaginative problem solver
- Self-organised and disciplined, suited to working in a fast-paced scale-up
- Ability to keep calm and think rationally under pressure
- Ability to react quickly and efficiently to change
- Drive and determination to always get the job done to the highest standard
You will also need to have an awareness of what it means to work within healthcare, to be responsible for delivering content that protects and supports users, particularly those who may be more vulnerable.
Finally, and most importantly, you will love to learn, share knowledge and help others. The team at SH:24 is great because we provide the support to each other for everyone to perform well.
What You’ll Get From us
We are always interested in upskilling our employees, and are flexible in ways to do it: be it courses, books, onsite or remote learning with a colleague - whatever suits the situation best. If there is a particular skill or product you would like to work on and improve, we’ll always try to accommodate you.
We’re also keen to allow the team to work in the way they want - you can choose the OS of your machine, your chair, standing desk, dual monitors etc. If there is anything you need don’t be afraid to ask.
As well as remuneration in the region of £50-55k based on experience, SH:24 provides a number of other benefits, including 25 days of annual holiday (in addition to the days between Christmas and New Year), truly flexible working, excellent pension contributions and life insurance.
Our common values underpin everything we do as employees at SH:24. They show 'how' and 'why' we enjoy working together. We feel these values represent our staff and will help you understand what it means to be a part of SH:24!
Respect: Understanding, respecting, and supporting one another is fundamental to us.
Acceptance: We enjoy each other’s company, we’re open minded and accepting of people’s differences.
Empathy: We are proud to positively impact people’s lives. We love to hear from our users and always want to do better.
Reflection & Initiative: We think critically and thoughtfully and are committed to trying out our ideas.
Conscience & Creativity: We have a strong social conscience. We explore big issues and we’re driven to respond creatively.
Drive & Enthusiasm: A commitment to grow, succeed and celebrate together.
Equality and Diversity
As an employer, SH:24 is committed to inclusivity.
We want to increase representation of currently under-represented groups to make SH:24 more diverse.
Our aim is to build an inclusive team, where everyone is able to be themselves at work and feel supported, empowered, valued, respected, fairly treated and able to achieve their full potential.
As an inclusive employer we will not tolerate discrimination.
The interview process comprises of three stages:
- 30 minute ‘get to know you’ telephone interview with a senior member of the SH:24 team.
- 90 minute face to face interview, with a small panel, where we will ask you to present a prepared exercise.
- 30 minute follow-up interview with a senior member of the team.
The interview panel from SH:24 will be composed of colleagues from the current Service Development team, Marketing team, and representation from other teams from the wider organisation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our wonderful Service Development team, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.