User Experience Designer
12 month fixed term contract, full-time
What is the role?
This is an exciting time to join the Digital Team at Blue Cross. In this new role, you will be a part of our Digital Product Team leading on the digital user research and user experience design for the charity ensuring we have an audience first focus on all our digital output.
You will focus on research and usability testing, carrying out wireframing and prototyping to make sure we are delivering a best-in-class digital experience for our audiences. Working with the wider Digital Team and our digital agency, you’ll help to develop standards, processes, tools and best practice for the design of online products. You will also upskill the wider team and charity in understanding how to create great experiences for our digital audiences and overall, improve the quality and consistency of our digital offering.
If you are interested in helping us to deliver high quality digital user experiences and supporting our internal teams by upskilling them on how they can use digital channels, then this could be the role for you.
Your normal hours of work are 35 hours per week.
Want to know more details? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
- Strong user research, usability testing, and proven ability to draw meaningful insights from these
- Experience in wireframing and rapid prototyping to bring ideas to life for end users
- Understanding of agile, scrum and product-based approaches and how they relate to UX design
- Substantial experience with Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, Invision
- Strong knowledge and skills in UI/ visual design
- Strong portfolio of work showing work on excellent digital experiences
- Excellent knowledge of accessibility guidelines
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence and bring others along
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Salary: £31,0460 per annum, plus £3,954 London Weighting Allowance if based in London.
Closing date: 30th September 2021
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.