Contract type: Full time
Location: Central London
Reporting to: Finance Director
Working at SH:24
First off, thank you for considering a role with us!
SH:24 is a pioneering online sexual and reproductive health service, delivered in partnership with the NHS. We make it easy for people to self-manage their sexual and reproductive health online by providing free STI test kits, contraception & treatment, information and advice - 24 hours a day. We’ve won a host of awards and industry recognition for what we do, and we’re happy to say that our reach and services offered are expanding every day.
We are not-for-profit and passionate about delivering discreet, convenient and clinically safe sexual health services. Our vision is to make it easier and faster for people to access sexual and reproductive health services, no matter where they live; we’ve been doing it since 2013. We’re also proud of our community and the people who work for us; those who have helped us shape a company that puts our users at the heart of everything we do by designing services that are easy to use, easy to access and easy to understand by all that need them.
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to work in our Growth & Support team to identify opportunities, set-up powerful partnerships, bid for work, and ultimately secure new business.
You will also be working alongside our experienced Growth & Support team, and once you have secured new opportunities for SH:24, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of those same services on the ground, building on those partnerships to develop and transform sexual health services.
SH:24 has already had a dramatic impact within the UK and internationally, with online sexual health services now delivered as standard across the UK, and SH:24 delivering over half a million STI tests every year.
We are looking for someone who shares our vision for a world where everyone has access to sexual and reproductive health services, and with the drive, energy, and tenacity to turn our plans into reality.
What We Need From You
At the heart of it we’re looking for someone to build and maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities, who has a strong, proven background in strategic sales, preferably within public health and sexual health.
You’ll be working on the identification and evaluation of new opportunities across the service to meet organisational growth targets.
You’ll secure partnership agreements and sales and will ideally be experienced in the local authority procurement processes and developing relationships with commissioners.
The role will also include the following activities:
- Managing contract activity and budgets
- Accurately forecasting new wins to the business
- Forecasting activity and spend of existing partners
- Monthly performance reporting and financial analysis
- Building new relationships with NHS Trusts, CICs, Local Authorities and CCGs
- Managing procurement processes, including market engagement and testing, pre-qualification questionnaires, invitations to tender, and final contract negotiations
- Managing and nurturing ongoing relationships with customers and partners
- Overseeing all business development efforts, developing strategies and coordinating a delivery team to deploy pre and post contract tactics
- Onboarding of new services, including establishing referral pathways and providing training for clinicians and commissioners on using SH:24 systems
- Supporting Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) activities to meet organisational goals
- Working alongside our Data Analyst to undertake bespoke reporting
- Analysis of activity
We’re looking for someone with the following skills:
- Strong communicator
- Bid and presentation writing
- Utilising evidence for persuasive bids
- Able to use data to support negotiations
- Key stakeholder management
- Planning and monitoring budgets
- Simple data manipulation
Finally, and most importantly, you will love to learn, share knowledge and help others. The team at SH:24 is great because we provide the support to each other for everyone to perform well.
What You’ll Get From us
We are always interested in upskilling our employees, and are flexible in ways to do it: be it courses, books, onsite or remote learning with a colleague - whatever suits the situation best. If there is a particular skill or product you would like to work on and improve, we’ll always try to accommodate you.
We’re also keen to allow the team to work in the way they want - you can choose the OS of your machine, your chair, standing desk, dual monitors etc. If there is anything you need don’t be afraid to ask.
As well as remuneration in the region of £50-55k based on experience, SH:24 provides a number of other benefits, including 25 days of annual holiday (in addition to the days between Christmas and New Year), truly flexible working, excellent pension contributions and life insurance.
Our common values underpin everything we do as employees at SH:24. They show 'how' and 'why' we enjoy working together. We feel these values represent our staff and will help you understand what it means to be a part of SH:24!
Respect: Understanding, respecting, and supporting one another is fundamental to us.
Acceptance: We enjoy each other’s company, we’re open minded and accepting of people’s differences.
Empathy: We are proud to positively impact people’s lives. We love to hear from our users and always want to do better.
Reflection & Initiative: We think critically and thoughtfully and are committed to trying out our ideas.
Conscience & Creativity: We have a strong social conscience. We explore big issues and we’re driven to respond creatively.
Drive & Enthusiasm: A commitment to grow, succeed and celebrate together.
Equality and Diversity
As an employer, SH:24 is committed to inclusivity.
We want to increase representation of currently under-represented groups to make SH:24 more diverse.
Our aim is to build an inclusive team, where everyone is able to be themselves at work and feel supported, empowered, valued, respected, fairly treated and able to achieve their full potential.
As an inclusive employer we will not tolerate discrimination.
The SH:24 interview process comprises of four main sections:
- A short writing and data analysis exercise, to be submitted in advance of the interview.
- A presentation about SH:24 to a mock team of local sexual health service managers and commissioners.
- A follow-up Q&A session after the presentation with the same mock team.
- Regular interview questions about yourself, your knowledge and experience of business development for sexual and reproductive health services.
The interview panel from SH:24, which will be comprised of colleagues from the current Growth and Support team, our Senior Management Team, and representation from other teams from the wider organisation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our wonderful Growth & Support team, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.