Home-based (working across Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey)
Perennial is the nation's only charity dedicated to helping people in horticulture. Together with our network of partners, we provide free support, information, advice, financial assistance and services for horticulturalists and their loved ones experiencing illness, disability, bereavement, family breakdown and financial difficulties.
We have a real focus on improving health and wellbeing outcomes of people working in horticulture and have an ambitious preventative strategy to create better futures for people working in horticulture.
We are now looking for a Caseworker to join our Services Team on a full-time basis working 37.5 hours per week.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays (increasing with long service)
- DIS benefit (3x salary)
- Sickness pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Well-established family friendly policies, including the ability to have extra unpaid leave
- Time off for dependants
- Company car/car benefit
If you have experience working in a health and/or social care field or have an employment and/or business advice background and are looking for a career where you can make a difference, we want to hear from you.
We understand the devastating impact that bereavement, money worries, ill health, homelessness, redundancy and family breakdown can have on people’s lives. We’re here to help people in horticulture create better futures.
So, if you want to help us provide vital support and advice to people as they tackle some of life’s biggest challenges, apply today.
As a Caseworker, you will provide person-centred impartial advice, information and support to individuals who have links to the horticulture industry across Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey.
Communicating with individuals via telephone, email, video conferencing and through face-to-face home visits, you will provide generalist advice on a wide range of issues, such as social care, health, benefits, housing and employment.
Additionally, you will:
- Accurately assess people’s situations and identify the best support available
- Provide easy-to-understand information and options to help people to feel they can cope and make their own informed choices
- Agree goals and actions with individuals and their families
- Help individuals to access specialist support
- Co-ordinate case management plans to prevent more serious problems from developing or escalating
- Develop and review case management plans with service users
To join us as a Caseworker, you will need:
- Experience of working in a health and/or social care field and/or those who have an employment and/or business advice background and/or significant experience of providing specialist benefits advice
- Experience of working in a remote team environment
- The ability to work well, both on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A calm and confident demeanour
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to handle sensitive topics with discretion
- To be highly organised and motivated
The closing date for applications is 7th November 2021. Please note, you may be asked to attend an interview at short notice.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, including some weekends and overnight stays.
Other organisations may call this role Helpline Advisor, Helpline Caseworker, Helpline Operator, Call Handler, Benefits Advisor, Employment Advisor, Helpline Support Advisor, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Representative, or Support Line Advisor.
Webrecruit and Perennial are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Caseworker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.