There has never been a more important time to join Age UK. Against a backdrop of a broken social care system and millions already turning to Age UK for help, older people are amongst those hardest hit by the Coronavirus pandemic.
We were incredibly moved by the public support towards our work last year, where amidst a global pandemic the Fundraising Team delivered Age UK's single most successful year of fundraising, delivering an extra £17m in the most challenging circumstances. Our efforts have seen us win Third Sectors' Fundraising Team of the Year 2021.
The impact of the pandemic on older people is far from over, we need to raise vital future funds to ensure we can be there to help and support older people as they rebuild their lives.
We have an ambition to grow our income beyond £60M in the next five years. We are investing in an ambitious strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters and partners in our work, so that we can be there for the millions of older people who need someone to turn to.
If you're passionate about making life better for older people and sector leading corporate partnerships then this is an opportunity for you to join an award winning, ambitious, and supportive team.
All applications are managed by our Recruitment team. However, if you have any questions or would like an informal chat with the hiring manager, we'd love to hear from you. Our Recruitment team can help to set this up, just drop them a line on
About the role
The corporate partnerships team is riding high on the success of our award-winning partnership with Cadbury and some recent six & seven-figure partnership wins. The coronavirus crisis has presented an urgent and immediate opportunity to work with businesses to help older people.
To galvanise and deepen the support from businesses, we are investing and growing the team. The successful candidates will create, secure and deliver partnerships to meet our ambitious plans for growth and help older people who need us the most.
This is an opportunity for ambitious and tenacious relationship builders to join our creative and energetic team and create sector leading award-winning partnerships.
The Business Development Managers will be responsible for creating compelling propositions that generate income across a range of income streams, from strategic to commercial and brand partnership as well as charity of the year. You'll manage a portfolio of prospects from a range of sectors to secure high value corporate partnerships that deliver across a range of objectives enabling us to help more older people who need us the most.
You will need solid experience in a similar role or environment, ideally within corporate partnerships.
Skills & Knowledge:
· You should be a tenacious corporate partnerships fundraiser (or sales or marketing professional) who's great at building relationships, spotting opportunities and running with them.
· You have excellent communication skills, and the ability to write great proposals, lead productive meetings and build strong relationships with senior stakeholders.
· You've got a strong grasp of what it takes to build mutually beneficial, long-lasting, genuinely profitable charity-corporate partnerships.
· You are passionate about making life better for older people. And crucially you can see how corporate partnerships can help Age UK do this.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.