Burford, Oxfordshire (with some home working and occasional travel)
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Now, we’re looking for a Technical Architect to join us on a permanent, full-time basis working 35 hours per week, with a minimum of two days in the office.
- Salary of £48,000 - £54,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance (after probationary period)
- Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye Tests
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental/maternity/paternity leave, holiday exchange, volunteer days and sabbatical leave
- Long service awards and Blue Cross Spirit Awards
- Develop your career with a charity that’s been supporting animals since 1897
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT professional with enterprise architecture experience to advance their career with our growing, amazing charity.
You will discover a diverse portfolio of technology services and the chance to get involved in a series of multi-year technology initiatives aimed at consolidating, replacing and implementing new systems to support the charity for the future.
So, if you are eager for a challenge and ready to advance your architecture skills and experience whilst support animal welfare, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As a Technical Architect, you will collaborate across the organisation to understand technology needs and define system specifications to meet those needs.
You will maintain, design, document and audit systems to ensure compliance, scalability and interoperability of the organisation’s technology and information systems.
You will also liaise with external third parties in the design and integration of end-to-end services to ensure functional and non-functional requirements are met.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure that the architecture for all systems is fully understood, illustrated and documented
- Review and advise on the suitability of proposed solutions
- Advise where appropriate new developments could assist us in meeting our long-term goals
To join us as a Technical Architect, you will need:
- Experience of holistic IT enterprise architecture including business, data, applications and technology
- A solid understanding of architecture methodologies (e.g. TOGAF)
- Knowledge of business and operational engineering principles and processes
- Basic knowledge of graphical modelling approaches and tools
- Proven capability of writing reports, IT architecture and data flow schemes
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- A deep level of technical knowledge across a broad range of systems and disciplines, including LAN, WAN, PAAS, SAAS, IASS, Cloud environments, Routing, Servers, and Microsoft applications
- An ITIL Service Management qualification
- A full, clean driving licence
Previous experience as a solution, enterprise or technical architect would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of migrating technology services to cloud based environments.
A demonstrable understanding of technologies currently used in-house would also be advantageous including Dells PCs, Servers and Switches, Fortigate, MS HyperV and Sophos technologies.
Experience of working in a third sector/not-for-profit environment is also desirable, as would a Microsoft Certification.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
The salary for this role is a Grade: 3.2
Other organisations may call this role Solutions Architect, IT Architect, Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Systems Architect, Infrastructure Architect, or Technical Infrastructure Engineer.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Technical Architect, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.