Head of Development and Quality
Worthing (with some home working and travel to services across West Sussex)
Established in 1991, Turning Tides is a community-led charity dedicated to ending homelessness. At Turning Tides, we empower homeless or insecurely housed individuals to achieve sustainable independent living.
We have gone from supporting a handful of people in the coastal town of Worthing to providing a range of services to over 1,700 people in Worthing, Adur, Littlehampton, Horsham and Mid Sussex. We have over 5,000 supporters, 250 volunteers and 150 staff members to date.
We are now looking for a Head of Development and Quality to join us on a full-time basis.
- Salary £49,200 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday increasing by one day per year up to 28 days (not including Bank Holidays)
- Pension scheme
This is the ideal opportunity for a high calibre individual from the housing or homelessness sector to take the next step in their career with an organisation that’s been helping homeless people for three decades.
You will play a vital role within the charity and will have the chance to drive the success of a life-changing service that supports individuals to overcome their addictions, transform their lives and achieve independence.
So, if you want to lead on the continued development and sustainability of our future and help us deliver on our mission and ambitions to truly make a difference to the lives of our clients, we want to hear from you.
As the Head of Development and Quality, you will lead on shaping, implementing and delivering the strategy for quality and growth of all our services.
You will ensure our continuing development and sustainability, leading on property and new business portfolios, as well as devising and leading change. You will work with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels to help realise the full scale of Turning Tide’s’ considerable ambition.
You will also be responsible for Community Development, evolving our award-winning volunteer service, donations function and social enterprise and putting communities as well as clients at the heart of our mission.
Inspiring and leading high performing teams, you will:
- Line manage the Business Development Team, the Quality and Performance Manager and the Community Development Manager
- Take accountability for volunteering, donations, the relief worker strategy and social Enterprise development
- Develop new partnerships and collaborations with other agencies
- Develop and monitor annual and multi-annual budgets and forecasts
- Oversee funding applications to trusts and foundations and statutory funding agencies
- Lead on the project management of all new property development
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety on behalf of the Board and Chief Executive
To join us as the Head of Development and Quality, you will need:
- A proven track record of leading and managing teams in the housing or homelessness sector
- Proven experience of successfully developing services within the voluntary or public sector
- Experience in creating and effectively managing multiple budgets and forecasts
- Experience in evaluating and improving organisational performance
- Good leadership skills with the ability to provide clear direction, inspire positive outcomes, identify and develop talent and support individual and team development
- A good understanding of the homeless sector and the factors that lead to, and magnify, the impact of homelessness on individuals and communities
- To be an instinctive networker and confident communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
Experience of how housing associations work would be beneficial to your application, as would a Health & Safety qualification.
The closing date for applications is the 6th October 2021.
Turning Tides requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. Successful applicants (dependent on role) are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Other organisations may call this role Head of Development, Head of Business Development, or Head of Performance and Quality.
Turning Tides aims to create an environment which respects and welcomes everyone and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities it serves. The organisation values, respects and celebrates diversity. Turning Tides encourages applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history.
Turning Tides are a ‘Covid-secure’ employer and have taken all necessary measures to protect our employees in line with the latest Government guidance and the Coronavirus Act 2020. Additional information and advice, including an individual employee Covid-19 risk-assessment will be carried out prior to commencement of employment.
Turning Tides supports the #FlexFrom1st campaign and gives the right to request flexible working from day one of employment.
No agencies, please, outside of our PSL.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Head of Development and Quality, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.