Information Security Analyst
Burford, Oxfordshire (with some home working and occasional travel)
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Now, we’re looking for an Information Security Analyst to join us on a permanent, full-time basis working 35 hours per week, with a minimum of two days in the office.
- Salary of £38,000 - £42,630 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance (after probationary period)
- Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye Tests
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental/maternity/paternity leave, holiday exchange, volunteer days and sabbatical leave
- Long service awards and Blue Cross Spirit Awards
- Develop your career with a charity that’s been supporting animals since 1897
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified information security management professional to advance their career with our growing, amazing charity.
This is a fantastic chance to dive into our security architecture and play a vital role in keeping our systems, data and IT users safe. You’ll be critical to our continuing technological success and will be able to make a real impact and a difference to the way we use IT systems.
As an Information Security Analyst, you will support our organisation to improve our security posture and ensure we are ‘cyber-safe’.
You will evolve our Information Security Management System, retaining and gained further accreditations to promote confidence in our IT and data security.
Drawing from appropriate frameworks and standards, such as ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials, you will ensure external Information Security certifications, including Cyber Essentials and PCI-DSS are retained.
Working with the IS function and system owners, you will also ensure that measures and controls are in place to protect Blue Cross technology services.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead on auditing systems to ensure compliance and security
- Review ongoing risks and controls to evidence compliance
- Develop and present Information Security reporting for senior management
- Undertake prediction, diagnosis, analysis, resolution and closure of information security incidents
To join us as an Information Security Analyst, you will need:
- Experience of Information Security management concepts and methodologies (e.g. ISO27001)
- Information Security qualified to at least level of Certified in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of security architecture principles and processes
- Awareness of key relevant legislation including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018, the Data Privacy Act and the Computer Misuse Act
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- A basic understanding of foundational networking principles (e.g. IPV4, IPv6, TCIP/IP, DNS)
- Strong technical experience across Firewalls, SIEM tools, vulnerability scanners, network devices and IAM systems
- Experience of vulnerability scanning tools/vulnerability management
- Risk assessment and/or problem management experience
- A full driving licence with the ability to travel to remote sites and supplier locations
An Information Security qualification such as CISA, CISSP, CISM or COMPTIA Security+ would be beneficial to your application, as would technology security certified qualifications (e.g. Microsoft AWS or Cisco Professional/Associate).
Experience of working in a third sector/not-for-profit environment would also be advantageous, as would a demonstrable understanding of Microsoft 365 environment and of Multi Factor Authentication technologies.
The closing date for this role is 4th October 2021.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
The salary for this role is a Grade: 3.2
Other organisations may call this role Info Sec Analyst, Cyber Security Engineer. Information Security Consultant, Security Analyst, Cyber Security Analyst, Security Engineer, Security Architect, Security Specialist, or Security Consultant.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Technical Architect, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.