Community Organisation Development Officer
London, UK (although travel outside London may also be required)
At Locality our goal is simple: to support community organisations to be strong and successful so communities can thrive. We want local community organisations to be the best that they can be and to create a supportive environment for their work.
We are now looking for a Community Organisation Development Officer to join our small but growing London Team.
Sound of interest? Then read on to find out more!
- £35,731 rising to £39,464 (incl. London Weighting)
- 25 days’ holiday (+ Bank Holidays) and 3 grace days
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced contributory pension
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Flexible working patterns
- Cycle to work scheme
As Community Organisation Development Officer, you will be working as part of a team providing tailored support to community groups of all sizes and to other agencies, such as local authorities.
Supporting local community organisations to be the best they can be, you will be a key advocate of, and experienced in, the diversity of people communities across London.
Our workplace is one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued, and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop.
Specifically, you will:
- Be part of a wider team with a range of specialisms from governance to fundraising, communications to social impact
- Take Inspiration from interacting with a fantastic network of member organisations
You will bring your experience of the diversity of the people and communities across London, as well as:
- Skills and confidence to enable you to deliver advice to community organisations and to help deliver a range of activities across London
- Excellent organisational skills to help deliver a range of programmes
- A commitment to quality in the service you provide
This is a wide-ranging role, but we don’t expect people to be experts in everything; we want people who can contribute to the range of services we offer community organisations and who are happy to learn and develop with us!
This is a full-time role; however, part-time hours would be considered in line with our flexible working policies.
Other organisations may call this role Community Development Officer, Community Organisation Development Coordinator, Community Development Coordinator, or Community Officer.
So, if you’re seeking a new opportunity as Community Organisation Development Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.