We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to succeed our much valued Deputy Chief Executive. We are specifically looking for someone who wants to make a positive difference to MOD sponsored Cadets & Youth development within East Anglia and who can also play a pivotal role within East Anglia RFCA as its Chief of Staff. The ideal candidate will be an experienced senior manager who has attended senior leadership and management training such as the Armed Forces or Police staff colleges but we are open to applications from candidates who have experience in other relevant senior management positions in the public or commercial sector who are committed to the principles of the RFCA and achieving its mandated outputs. The position is based at our Headquarters in Chelmsford but the Area of Responsibility covers the whole of East Anglia so travel within the region and a full driving licence is required.
The Deputy champions the cadets and youth cause. This ranges from strategic and operational input to national and regional policies through to tactical dealings with local single Service cadet forces, plus direct line management of over forty full time staff who support our five county Army Cadet Force (ACF) units.
Additionally the Deputy is a vigorous ambassador for the Reserves and Cadets with our six Lords-Lieutenant and our senior contacts in civil and military authorities. As the Association’s Chief of Staff, the Deputy proactively works with our heads of department to ensure the Association is robustly governed and legally compliant across all its outputs. Military understanding, preferably through experience of commanding an independent unit and delivering staff work at SO1 level, is highly desirable.
East Anglia RFCA is a public sector organisation with Crown status, set up by statute to be an enduring custodian for the wellbeing of the Reserves and Cadets. We maintain the volunteer estate of some 200 sites; we build long-term relationships on behalf of the MOD with employers and the civic community in order to promote the Armed Forces Covenant; and we provide the Professional Support Staff for the Army Cadet Force.
- Manage staff based around the region to deliver support to ACF as per Service Level Agreement
- An effective leader with good emotional intelligence, integrity, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Build positive inter-service relationships between the single service cadet forces and with other youth organisations in the region
- The ability to engage with senior people across corporate, public, political and military sectors
- Liaise closely with 7 Bde and other military organisations to understand then deliver support to Reserves and Cadets
- A team player and a self-starter; articulate, honest, reliable, committed and with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- As an experienced staff officer, have input into and generate clear and concise policy papers as required
- Ability to analyse, plan and deliver to time and to budget. Present conclusions with confidence.
- Co-ordinate routine business within Association HQ
- Strong IT skills to use the appropriate tools including internet research
- Deputise for Chief Exec as required
- Understand the military culture and ethos
A full Job Description is available from email@example.com and interested candidates should send a full CV and covering letter, both totalling no more than four sides, detailing their suitability for the role, to this address. The closing date is 1200hrs Monday 18 October 2021. Interviews will be held Monday 01 November 2021, with a view for the successful candidate to start in December 2021/ January 2022.