Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Lead / ED&I
Hybrid working between home and Bedford
£45,000 - £50,000
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) Lead to work with colleagues across the business to deliver the commitments of their ED&I action plans and raise the profile and importance of equality, diversity and inclusion for their employees and customers.
They believe in creating an organisation where all their employees can feel strongly connected with their social purpose and play a key part in delivering exceptional service in a place that they feel proud to work.
● Leading on the development of their ED&I strategies and action plans
● Monitoring and evaluating progress against the ED&I action plans
● Keeping up to date with any changes in legislation, regulation and best practice, making recommendations for improvements in their policies and practices
● Researching and carrying out all relevant ED&I impact assessments on policies and systems
● Providing practical advice, guidance and support to ensure that all their people are represented fairly and that the services delivered appropriately
● Leading the regular self-assessment of the ED&I approach against an external framework, making recommendations for future action
They’d love to meet someone with:
● A real passion for equality, diversity and inclusion who is eager to make a positive difference
● Proven influencing skills with the ability to deliver results through others
● Active listening skills and empathy with the ability to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds
● Experience of working within a lead ED&I role within a customer focused organisation
● Experience of launching and managing initiatives and engagement activities
● Experience of evaluating complex data to create meaningful management information
● Experience of producing regular reports / metrics and presenting to a range of audiences
Amongst what they offer you are:
● A competitive salary of £45,000 - £50,000
● 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays
● A generous contributory pension scheme
● Private health care
● Free life assurance
● Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
● Opportunities for learning and development
● Discounted gym membership
● Retail discount scheme
Our client is a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
They work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, they remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Their Residents, shared owners and leaseholders are at the core of everything they do. With every employee playing an important part in ensuring they continue to provide them with excellent customer service and maintaining their role as a responsible landlord.
Our client thrives on a diverse and equal culture that represents and nurtures a wide range of ideas and views. They passionately encourage and support applicants from all backgrounds and communities and pride themselves on a fair and transparent recruitment process.
Please note the successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date: Thursday 30th September
Our client reserves the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that they have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis they would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.