Head of Fundraising
- Salary £42,000-£50,000 (depending on experience)
- Full time (37.5 hours per week) flexible working available
- London Office
- Reporting to Safe Passage International’s CEO
- Line management responsibilities: 2 x Development Manager, Digital Campaigns and Fundraising Manager (0.5)
Safe Passage International is looking for a Head of Fundraising to take forward the development and implementation of our fundraising strategy. Building on strong foundations that have seen the charity grow income to £1.5m in our first 5 years, of which 60-70% is unrestricted, the successful candidate will lead the continued development and diversification of our income portfolio to support Safe Passage’s sustainable growth over the coming years. The successful candidate will be excited by the prospect of working for a ground-breaking and fast-growing international organisation with registered operations in Greece and France, they will be comfortable leading strategy development as well as taking a hands-on approach, and they will have a passion for work that delivers long-term solutions for refugees.
The successful candidate will manage a motivated team of high achieving fundraisers consisting of one Development Manager focusing on Community income and smaller Trusts, one Development Manager focusing on high-value donations, and one Digital Manager who generates income through Safe Passage’s digital channels.
About Safe Passage International
Safe Passage International was founded in late 2015 in response to what became known as Europe’s modern ‘refugee crisis’. In the past four years we have grown from a small UK project to an international organisation with 29 members of staff supporting refugees to access safe and legal routes to asylum across Europe with offices in the UK, France and Greece.
- Our vision is for every person seeking asylum to be able to access a safe and legal route to a place where they can lead a full and dignified life.
- We do things differently - championing refugees’ rights through strategic legal work, advocacy, capacity building and community organising.
- We are focused on achieving systemic change in refugee and asylum policy at both nation-state and international level.
To date over 2,000 individuals have travelled to safety through routes we have opened. We won the 2021 Charity Awards Campaign and Advocacy Prize, and our work has been recognised with awards from Liberty, Sheila McKechnie, the European Parliament and EU Commission as well as chosen as Guardian Christmas ‘Charity of the Year’.
In a year when the need for safe passage for refugees has been brought into sharp focus, you will be joining an organisation at the forefront of advocating for safe routes to protection.
How do I apply?
Please visit our website to read the Job Description and Person Specification for this role and to view details of how to apply in full.
Closing date: Sunday 3rd October 2021 at 11.59 pm
Please note that only candidates successful in being invited to interview will be contacted. We really appreciate your interest in this role and the time taken to submit an application.