Outreach Worker (x 2 Positions Available)
Kingston upon Thames, Greater London
(37.5 hours per week, fixed term contract until 31 March 2022)
An amazing opportunity to help change the lives of marginalised rough sleepers, and help them move from rough sleeping to independence.
We are SPEAR, a charity dedicated to helping homeless people in South West London find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future.
For over 30 years, we’ve worked tirelessly to support homeless people to recover from their personal issues and gain support to overcome the barriers they face. We provide a range of accommodation and support services.
We’re currently looking for an Outreach Worker to join our passionate team and support the delivery of our rough sleeper outreach service.
As an Outreach Worker, you’ll enable rough sleepers to leave the street and take their first steps towards lasting, genuine independence.
Specifically, you will:
- Identify and target rough sleepers in shift patterns, including those unwilling to initially engage
- Manage a caseload, offering consistent and ongoing support
- Assist rough sleepers to access appropriate service, including accommodation
- Make and maintain effective multiagency relationships
- Drivers licence essential
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people
- To participate in shift work to enable maximum contact with service users
- Being proactive in working in a multiagency context, and refer appropriately to support agencies
- Ability to record accurate notes on various databases in a timely fashion, and fill out forms
- Be able to show empathy and compassion
This is a full time role, which will include working shift patterns to reflect the clients rough sleeping habits. (Driving licence essential)
- Salary of £25,500 per annum
- 26 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (rising to 31 with length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of benefits, including cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
This is a brilliant opportunity to support the delivery of vital services and make a tangible impact on the some of the most vulnerable in the community.
SPEAR welcome and encourage applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 22/09/2021
Please apply using button below.