If you are ambitious about your career and looking to develop core fundraising skills at pace, whilst helping to enable care for London’s most unwell babies and children, this role presents an outstanding opportunity.
What better charity to work for than recent winners of UK’s Charity of the Year and UK’s Fundraising Team of the Year? And what better place to work than in The Ark, our new state-of-the-art children’s hospice building, which is set on a stunning 7.5-acre nature reserve?
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice has been on a major upward trajectory in recent years – more children supported, more major hospitals partnered with, and more supporters donating. We’ve transformed from being an enthusiastic start-up, to a serious player delivering major impact. So what next? And how will the successful applicant to this role play their part?
Firstly, we need to look after our supporters in a highly engaging and reliable way, strengthening their trust of the charity and fostering their loyalty. The successful applicant will be responsible for day-to-day engagement with a large portfolio of community groups and identifying engagement opportunities across the charity. Relationship fundraising is our team’s bedrock – this will be the perfect environment to hone your supporter care skills.
Secondly, we need to harness the power of the growing online community. You will play a pivotal role in developing and delivering a new strategy to engage online groups. The successful applicant will have experience of fundraising and is eager to take their next step into a management position playing a key role in creating and implementing an ambitious community fundraising strategy. You will help the charity in the next stage of its journey as we increase our sophistication of supporter communications.
- First and foremost we are looking for somebody with the right mindset. You’ll be hungry and enthusiastic when it comes to your career, and looking for a charity which can support you in pushing forward in a busy and responsible role.
- As Community Engagement Manager you will be responsible for the creation, implementation and delivery of an ambitious fundraising strategy. This will include developing our existing community fundraising products and growing our third-party events programme.
- We are looking for an intelligent, expansive thinker with a high level of determination and rigour who is ready to take their next step in their career. You will relish a busy workload and be able to keep a cool head under pressure. You will be highly articulate, have a positive manner and be very organised. You will welcome professional challenge.
- Importantly, you will be a self-starter. We are open to any ideas to improve our Community Engagement function - incremental nudges or radical shifts. Bringing new ideas to life requires gumption and self-belief – you will have both in spades.
- Excellent communication, stewardship and relationship building skills are essential. As a highly motivated individual you will have strong attention to detail and the ability to manage this varied workload. You will also enjoy taking ownership over your work, with an ambitious drive to progress the success of your team. A friendly, approachable manner is essential to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
If this sounds like you, then please do give us a call or apply today!