We are seeking a highly motivated Community Fundraising Officer to support community fundraising activities for The Gurkha Welfare Trust.
As an integral part of our Fundraising Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivering the Trust’s programme of community fundraising activities and supporting individuals, organisations and groups organising these activities on behalf of the Trust. Applicants must have excellent communication skills and strong organisational and administrative abilities. .
The Community Fundraising Officer reports to the Head of Fundraising & Communications.
- To answer general enquiries from supporters requesting literature and promotional materials for their local community fundraising activity.
- Thank individuals, groups, clubs, schools and organisations who are organising fundraising activities on behalf of the Trust.
- Provide support and guidance to those fundraising for the Trust from conception to delivery of their event or activity.
- Distribute community fundraising packs to donors who are holding local events or activities in aid of the Trust.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications to develop a yearly strategy to grow income from community fundraising in line with the wider strategy.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications to formulate and oversee the annual Community Fundraising budget, including income and expenditure.
- Monitor and report on agreed KPIs relating to Community Fundraising.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications to answer requests for Trust staff or representative to attend events, talks or cheque presentations.
- Distribute and maintain stock control of all Trust promotional and street collection materials.
- Work with the Communications team to ensure effective promotion of community fundraising initiatives across all relevant mediums.
- To represent the Trust at fundraising events and challenges as required.
Applicants for this position should be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to develop and implement new initiatives
- Highly organised and efficient in project management
- Ability to develop working relationships with a range of supporter backgrounds
- Strong administrative skills
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and a working knowledge of a CRM database
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload, to work to deadlines and a positive and supportive team player
- Flexible, can-do attitude, with the ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure
- Willing and able to work additional hours at events over evenings and weekends
- Experience of supporting community and/or event fundraising
- Knowledge of Data Protection regulations
- Experience working in a charity environment
- Previous database experience
If you have any questions over the job description or terms and conditions, please get in touch with us:
- T: 01722 323 955
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview invite will be sent separately to the selected applicants.
Applicants should email a CV and cover letter addressing the person specification to our HR team at email@example.com. You can also find the full Job Description below for further information.
We will be holding interview as/when suitable applications are received.