JOB PURPOSE: The School Programme Officer is part of a UK wide team delivering high-quality STE(A)M engagement programmes and events to schools/colleges. This role involves delivery (face to face and virtual), event organisation and administration.
ABOUT EDT: EDT is an educational charity established 30+ years ago. We are going through an exciting period of transformation. We are looking for a motivated and creative person to join our dynamic School Programmes Team and work with our partners and volunteers to create and deliver our project and experiences to young people interested in STEM and future (META) skills.
Young people are at the heart of what we do and through providing industry informed, curriculum enhancing learning experiences, we help them develop personal and interpersonal skills, fulfil their potential, and make informed decisions about their future.
By joining EDT, you will have the opportunity to support thousands of young people each year. You will also be able to influence the direction of our charity through creative and brainstorming sessions open to all employees.
Salary: £20-27K, depending on skills and experience.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays; pension (up to 10% employer contribution); life insurance (3 times annual salary); hybrid and flexible working; well-being support.
Location: Nearest office Welwyn Garden City. Currently mainly home-working and, with restrictions lifted, moving to a hybrid model.
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week) with flexibility for early starts, overnight stays and evening work.
- Deliver large scale programmes and events with schools and industry mentors to a high standard
- Responsible for the overall planning and implementation of the activities within a defined geography
- Recruit and build strong relationships with local schools/colleges, working with the Education and Event Lead to match educators to funders requirements
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with teachers and industry mentors
- ‘Front of house’ role at face to face and virtual events
- Assist with the preparation of event materials
- Liaise with venues to ensure all our requirements are met
- Prepare and deliver presentations and activities
- Using our CRM system to manage delivery, reporting and track progress ensuring it is up to date
Competencies and Attributes
- Professional and proactive, with real pride in the quality of work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A team worker who can liaise and collaborate with colleagues and other stakeholders
- Attention to detail and good IT skills (databases, CRM, excel)
- Organised - Can manage workload and deadlines and demonstrate effective time management
- A positive and resilient attitude
- Experience in the third sector and/or youth sector is desirable
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil an enhanced DBS/PVG check and should hold a clean driving licence. As the role requires regular travel offsite around your region and occasionally other parts of the country (possibly involving overnight stays), access to reliable transportation is essential (own car preferably).
How to apply: Please submit your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role.
Interview dates: 30th September & 1st October