Our client is a UK charity providing life-saving support and assurance to its members since 1964. In the event of an emergency, crucial medical information can be accessed by emergency professionals allowing for fast and accurate treatment. As the original and best provider of medical ID services, this organisation is a small, friendly and productive charity with its own production unit and member support team including in-house medical professionals. They place their members at the heart of all they do, providing them and their loved ones with peace of mind and giving them confidence to live life to the full, be active and join in.
About the position:
Over the last few years, this charity has successfully implemented transformational change. They are now moving into the next phase of development and growth. To join their Board you will need to have a passion for their mission and a willingness to get involved.
As well as the opportunity to inform and influence the charity’s life saving services to their members, they offer an engaged and dynamic team, the opportunity to work with them remotely/online and a fully accessible office environment. This Board strives for equality, diversity and inclusion where all Trustees feel valued and respected and welcomes all applicants.
As the current Finance Trustee and Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee is coming to the end of their term of office, the charity is looking to recruit a new Trustee (Non-Executive Charity Director) with a financial background and experience of finance strategy and operations. As a qualified accountant, you will ideally have experience of the charitable sector. You will have strong demonstrable skills in building and developing working relationships that will help the charity grow its membership base and profile and be motivated to use your own networks and experience to help create opportunities to raise the profile of this charity’s services with key audiences.
They are also seeking:
- An ability to influence the strategic direction of an organisation
- A passion for delivering quality services to members
- Experience of senior external representation and advocacy, leading to the establishment of beneficial third party collaborations, relationships and commercial growth
- They are also seeking Finance Director experience, chairing of finance related committees and knowledge of the financial aspects of the Charities Act and of charity accounting.
- Strong teamworking skills, ability to motivate and bring people together
- Experience or understanding of working with or as part of a Board would be beneficial but is not required
- In addition, knowledge and experience in the healthcare sector, including urgent or emergency care would be very much welcomed but is not mandatory
Closing date: 8th October 2021
Interviews: from 18th October
Pease click the apply button, after you have followed the job board process, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with further details on how to complete your application.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder and disregard any automated correspondence from the job board.
No agencies please.