Citizens Advice South Warwickshire (CASW) is looking to recruit a debt caseworker to support clients living in Warwick town with their indebtedness by providing specialist debt support and advice, including taking action on behalf of clients to resolve debt emergencies, casework and referring to additional support services.
Work independently and as part of a multi disciplinary team to provide support and advice to staff and volunteers of CASW on how to deal with debts issues/enquiries.
Undertake home visits, attend outreach locations as and when required.
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate that they have:
- Minimum 12 months advice experience with Citizens Advice or a similar advice organisation.
- Experience in dealing with people debt issues
- Demonstrate sensitivity, emotional resilience and a non-judgemental attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and patience
- Skills in advocacy, advice and support – depending on the needs of the client.
- Awareness of your own personal safety at all times and of those you are in close contact with
- Ability to work as part of a multi disciplinary team internally and with external organisations.
- Willingness to undertake further development or training as required by this project.
- Ability to work independently, with or without close supervision
- Use of own transport and visiting clients in their own homes.
Above all else, you should have compassion and drive to help change people’s lives for the better and provide excellent quality of advice. Due to Covid19 the role will not visit homes or outreach locations until safely advised by the Government and subject to our internal assessments, support will be provided by other methods. Our teams are currently working from home providing telephone, email advice and support.
The closing date for applications is: Monday 27th September 2021, 17.00
Interviews will be held via video conference w/c Monday 4th October 2021
Further details including how to apply and job pack available on our website via the apply button.
We look forward to receiving your application.