Property Manager - Hostel Accommodation
East London (Leyton) not far from Walthamstow tube station
Salary £50,000 pa plus Excellent Benefits (25 days holiday to start, option to buy up to 5 additional days + bank hols, Pension, Paid Volunteer days, Health Cash Plan, On-Call payments & more )
Permanent, 37 hrs p/w some flexibility re start & finish times
This is a newly created role for a professional and experienced individual with authority and presence to make a positive difference to the quality, safety and overall standard of living for our clients 200 residents. You should be adept and comfortable managing in a remote service location whilst maintaining close contact and liaison with their head Office in High Wycombe, where you will be expected to attend very occasionally.
You should be an experienced Hostel Manager with a thorough understanding of Safeguarding as you will be responsible for the overall running of the housing management and facilities maintenance at Lea Bridge House in Leyton. The post reports to the Head of Housing Projects in or Customer Directorate and will itself manage and lead two important and key people; their Hostel Team Leader and Facilities Maintenance Manager (the latter has dotted line reporting to their Operations Manager – Planned and Surveying Works, who is based in their High Wycombe office).
Your duties will include but not limited to lettings and tenancy management (ASB, tenancy breaches, promoting alternative housing options and tenancy sustainment), compliance and repairs/voids.
Other accountabilities include:
- Responsibility for the overall day to day running of the service.
- Ensuring the facilities element of building management is delivered, including being a key liaison for the security contract and the cleaning contract.
- Managing and participating in the out of office hours duty rota for the Lea Bridge emergency on call system. Participation will normally be one in every 3 weeks, rarely will you have to attend the hostel, it is more likely that you will need to coordinate services by phone as may be appropriate. Please note we employ an out of hours provider to deal with emergencies and we have 24 hour on-site security.
- Overseeing budgets, and authorising spend within agreed limits.
- Delivery of housing management tasks, including ASB case management, serving notices, and management of tenancy agreements completed as per policy and procedure.
- Ensure the delivery of routine repairs, cleaning and void works are completed to timescale and standard. Ensuring there are no non-compliant failures.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be able to participate in the out of hours rota, and respond to callouts to the site if required (as per note above)
- Have successfully managed staff before
- Possess experience of building management with an understanding of Health and Safety requirements for a complex building environment.
- Be able to oversee building management; working with contractors and internal departments in delivering an effective building management service.
- Be skilled in budget management and control.
- Ensure safeguarding is maintained at all times.
- Possess a full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- A competitive salary and pension options
- On call payments and payment for when you are required to attend out of hours
- Bonus potential
- 25 days holidays p/a to start, plus 3 days during office closure at Xmas / New year plus 8 bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days p/a (subject to conditions)
- An excellent Health Cash Plan (dental, optical, physio & more)
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
A bit more about our client……
They are a Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of their high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. The organisation is clearly focussed on the delivery of its five year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving their environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
They welcome applications from all sections of the communities they work in. Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.
They will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time, therefore reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.
Closing date: 10th October, 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed