Church Call Coordinator
Are you looking to combine your experience in making proactive outbound phone calls and understanding of how UK churches operate too? Are you passionate seeing children released from poverty in Jesus’ name? We are recruiting for a Church Call Coordinator who has experience working in a target-based sales role to manage a team of Call Specialists, maintaining and growing existing Church partnership.
At the heart of organisations ministry is a relentless passion to act on faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. The work is Christ centred, child focused, and church based.
Position: Church Call Coordinator
Location: Office-based in Fleet or home working
Salary: £22,816 pa (within the grade £22,816 - £34,510 pa)
Hours: Part-Time: 28 hours (4 days), Tuesday - Thursday and either Monday or Friday, with the occasional evening required.
Benefits: Enhanced pension scheme, 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays, non-contributory pension scheme (10% employer contribution), enhanced holiday allowance, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance (on completion of probation period), Income Protection & Group Life cover.
Closing Date: 22nd September 2021 10am
Interviews: w/c 27th September 2021
About the Role
As a Church Call Coordinator, you’ll manage a team of Call Specialists to maintain and grow relationships with existing Church Partners. You’ll explore how to be most effective in connecting with church leaders on the telephone and work with the volunteer team to ensure volunteer speakers have the opportunity to share the work of the charity with church partners. With your engaging phone manner, excellent coaching skills and natural ability to connect with people, you will strategically plan how to increase engagement with church partners and ultimately see more volunteer speaking opportunities that will lead to children released from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Actively maintain and promote the charity’s Christian ethos and values.
- Implement strategy to engage with church partners and create volunteer speaking opportunities
- Lead the Call Specialists team to ensure they are effective within their roles while managing your own church portfolio.
- Foster and lead an agile team with great culture and development at the core.
- Work in collaboration with the wider Partnerships Support team to ensure system processes are effective and internal communication is maintained.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience in a target-based sales role
- Experience in proactive outbound phone calls
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of UK churches
- Experience in line management
- Core office/administrative skills
You need to be:
- Personally committed to the Christian faith
- Deeply connected to Compassion’s ministry to children
- Aligned to Compassion UK’s cultural attributes
- A ‘people person,’ a great listener and persuasive communicator
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- A strategic thinker
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to take initiative
Please note that our client can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and all candidates must be personally committed to the Christian faith and be able to respect, uphold and work within our client’s Christian mission, values, culture and faith statements. This individual will represent and speak on behalf of a Christian charity to maintain a pool of talent and recruit for roles. Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1, clause 3.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Church Engagement, Church Engagement Specialist, Christian Engagement Specialist, Church Relations Manager, Church Relationship Manager, Church Relationship Lead, Church Relationship Coordinator, Community Engagement Lead, Community Church Engagement, Church and Christian Engagement Manager, Church and Christian Engagement Lead, Church Engagement Coordinator, Influence Officer, Bible and Church Engagement, Key Relationship, Sales, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Executive.