Up to £27,000 + benefits (including 25 days annual leave, reward scheme and pension, flexible working options available)
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint an Events Fundraiser to support in the planning and delivery of Rainbow Trust’s sports and special events programme.
Reporting to the Events Manager, you will lead the planning, delivery and marketing of your own portfolio of high-profile and high-value flagship sports fundraising events, including the London Marathon, and assisting in the delivery of special events including the London Carol Concert.
Naturally engaging the commitment of others, you will be proactive in generating leads, promoting events and seeking to develop our events fundraising programme, supporting the Events Manager in identifying new opportunities. You will steward supporters and motivate them in their fundraising for Rainbow Trust to ensure maximum engagement and income.
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced fundraiser with an action-oriented approach – you achieve goals with a sense of urgency, high attention to detail and with event planning experience
- Practical and outgoing – you are a self- confident and motivating team builder, you will be proactive in identifying, developing and marketing new and additional fundraising opportunities in the sports and challenge event marketplace
- Demonstrable success in meeting income and expenditure targets - you understand the importance of researching before making an approach and know when to make the fundraising ‘ask’
- An enthusiastic networker – you appreciate, through your knowledge of managing successful events, that building rapport and developing relationships with others is essential
- Applications will be particularly welcome from those who have worked in a sports or events hands-on environment and who have managed volunteers/interns, and are educated to at least degree level (preferably with an event related qualification)
- Confident use of MSOffice and experience of using a CRM database – you are organized and produce high quality accurate work.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us please visit our website.
How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to us via the link.
Your covering letter should highlight why your application should be considered above others, and clearly state how your experience matches the essential criteria outlined in the Person Specification.
First interviews will take place at our Head Office in Leatherhead on 5 October 2021, with second interviews being held on 11 October 2021.
We will only contact those applicants who have been successful and may close the role early if sufficient applications have been received.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies One-Star rated organisation.