Lead Employment Coach
Contract: Full Time
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum
Work Hours: 9am to 5pm
Location: Croydon CR0 4BH
Reporting to: Project Manager
Our client has quickly established itself as a leading specialist mentoring and education organisation working with vulnerable people of all ages to ensure each person referred to their services achieves their full potential in both an educational and personal sense, with the use of Choice Theory.
The organisation has multiple facets to the business. The organisation has a small independent school arm that was recently commended by Ofsted for its quality of provision for the wellbeing of young people.
They also run a Traineeship programme for young people aged 16-24, helping them to get into education, employment or training. In the past, they have worked with over 500 students across 12 schools in 7 boroughs. They are also developing an employment programme that will support young people into apprenticeships.
The organisation is specifically looking for an experienced Employment Coach. The role will involve developing a post 16 employability programme and the implementation and running of their mentoring in-house and externally, as well as to teach and run workshops/sessions for young people that are relevant, engaging, and related to work preparation, and employability. The role is suited for someone who is comfortable, but also has a strong background in mentoring challenging young people to achieve positive destinations.
Do you have what it takes to join our client and contribute to giving Young People a future?
In order to apply for this, post you will need: -
- A good degree in youth work, or evidence of practice-led research into youth work from a recognised university either in the UK or overseas
- A minimum of a Level 2 qualification/Grade C in English Language & Mathematics
- To be IAG qualified level 4 and experienced substantially with mentoring and mentoring-based paperwork
- Experience in supervising staff
- Experience in working with employees
- To be experienced and talented working with challenging young people and adults from a variety of backgrounds, and to have a track record of success in engaging this client group to achieve positive destinations
- To be a strong user of ICT-based software including MacOS
- To be a competent coordinator and motivator
- To be dynamic, creative, energetic, positive, and willing to communicate ideas appropriately
NOTE: Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and reference checks prior to the commencement of employment.
Our client is looking for someone to start immediately.
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
No agencies please.