Senior Business Development Officer
Job: Full time / Permanent
Location: Leeds or Agile Working
Salary: Starting salary £27,045 (dependent on experience)
About The Role
Do you want to be part of a successful Commercial Team that plays a critical role in generating income for NHS Confederation?
Here is your opportunity to become part of a membership body that brings together and speaks on behalf of all organisations that plan, commission and provide NHS services.
As a Senior Business Development Officer, you will:
- Build and develop senior level long-term partnerships with the help of the Head of Commercial, so we can continue to generate significant income annually to support the work of the NHS Confederation.
- Account manage key clients with partnership agreements of up to £50,000, ensuring that contracts agreed and delivered on time and on budget.
- Offer the highest level of customer service and ensuring a high return on investment.
- Lead on income generation for the national and sector specific conferences. These events will offer both exhibition and sponsorship opportunities that you will promote and sell to secure income against a pre-determined target.
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial, to help develop, promote, and sell supporter involvement at our flagship events providing the highest level of customer service to protect the good reputation of our events.
- Work on the delivery of the operational aspects of our national exhibitions, liaising with clients, venues, and contractors.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- are confident, creative and communicate well with a range of stakeholders
- have extensive experience of working in event sales ideally including exhibition and sponsorship sales, with a solid track record of achievement.
- enjoy being part of a passionate and successful team
- have proven experience of good account management and can build good working relationships across the organisation, with external clients and with contractors.
- have strong project management skills and the ability to work under pressure to deliver complex, high profile events to a very high standard.
- have an understanding of delivering commercial activity as part of virtual events
- can prioritise tasks while working on a series of exhibitions at the same time.
- have an IOSH Managing Safety Certificate (preferred but not essential)
The NHS Confederation is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our staff. A place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of inclusive employment policies including family friendly policies and flexible working and we have range of channels to support staff from different backgrounds including our staff networks and a staff forum.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly and our agile working principles are designed to empower our people to work with optimal flexibility and minimal constraints to support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans.
Please apply through the NHS confederation website directly. Please note we do not accept CVs.
For an informal discussion about the post and the NHS Confederation before applying please contact Ross Edwards on 07703 133053.
Application deadline: 30th September 2021
Interview date: 12th October 2021