Job Title: Business Development Logistics & Research Officer
Job: Full time / Permanent
Location: Leeds or Agile working
Salary: £20,725- £22,475 depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Logistics & Research Officer to join the commercial team at NHS Confederation, a membership body that brings together and speaks on behalf of all organisations that plan, commission and provide NHS services.
This is a great time to join us as we have many new and exciting plans and are looking to recruit a Logistics & Research Officer as part of our expanding team.
The commercial portfolio is a major part of the NHS Confederation’s extensive programme of activities which play a critical role in generating income for the organisation.
In this role, you will
- With the support of the Head of Commercial and wider commercial team, you will support the Commercial team to build and develop long-term relationships, which generate significant income annually for the NHS Confederation.
- This will include preparing contracts, supporting the delivery of contracts and managing some sales of sponsorship and exhibitions.
- Work on the delivery of the operational aspects of our national exhibitions, liaising with clients, venues, and contractors.
- Work provide support to the Head of Industry Engagement and Policy to prepare commercial proposals, research potential new partners and manage the delivery of events.
- You will co-ordinate the promotion and sales of the Associate programme, working closely with our Marketing team. The Associates programme is a membership scheme for commercial organisations who work with the NHS. The programme offers those organisations a wide range of exclusive benefits and access to specific member events.
- Your responsibilities will include attracting new members, sending regular communications, attending events, and ensuring that we continue to offer our Associates value for money.
There is opportunity for development and future progression into both the partnerships/account management, business development and events management areas of the team function.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- are confident, creative and communicate well with a range of stakeholders.
- have experience of working in event sales ideally including exhibition and sponsorship sales, with a solid track record of achievement.
- enjoy being part of a passionate and successful team
- have proven experience of good account management and can build good working relationships across the organisation, with external clients and with contractors.
- have strong project management skills and the ability to work under pressure to deliver complex, high profile events to a very high standard.
- have an understanding of delivering commercial activity as part of virtual events
- can prioritise tasks while working on a series of exhibitions at the same time.
The NHS Confederation is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our staff. A place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of inclusive employment policies including family friendly policies and flexible working and we have range of channels to support staff from different backgrounds including our staff networks and a staff forum.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly and our agile working principles are designed to empower our people to work with optimal flexibility and minimal constraints to support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans
Please apply through the NHS confederation website. Please note we do not accept CVs.
If you wish to discuss the post before applying, then please contact Ross Edwards,
Closing date: 30th September 2021
Interview date: 14th October 2021