Established in 1984, this hospice in Bury St Edmunds is a successful and much-loved charity serving the local area of West Suffolk and Thetford.
Every year we support nearly 2,000 local people, delivering care across multiple settings. Our services are not just for patients, but for their family and friends too, and include everything from specialist medical care to bereavement support and practical help. We also work with other community services that provide a variety of training and education to local professionals and carers about palliative care and bereavement.
As the Hospice develops, there is now a need for this new role of Corporate Services Director. As the first holder of the post, this is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to shape the role using their broad skillset across corporate support functions to best suit the needs of the Hospice now and in the future.
Acting as the custodian of the support services, they will work as part of the Directorate team to ensure the successful achievement of the Hospice’s strategy and operational plans, and provide strategic leadership for those services which significantly contribute to the operation of the Hospice.
This is a broad role which will have responsibility for finance, HR, IT and governance as well as health & safety, facilities management, procurement, and risk management. The role requires strong financial and contractual skills and experience to ensure cost effective and efficient support services.
Job role: Corporate Services Director
Salary: circa £65,000
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- An understanding and empathy with the Hospice Vision and Strategy.
- A track record of being an effective and highly motivated leader who can drive the development and delivery of the Hospice strategy.
- A track record of financial management at a senior level, supported by financial management qualifications.
- An understanding and experience of financial, health and safety, human resources, information governance, assurance systems.
- Substantial experience and success in leading and managing:
- Budgets, capital expenditure and tendering processes
- The ability to lead and manage a diverse workforce through change.
- Excellent communication skills.
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with your number and suitable times to speak.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 20th September 2021.