Visitor Experience Area Consultant (Interpretation)
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Annual Leave
This role will cover: Wales and Central England or Southern England and Northern Ireland.
This is a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week
This charity showcase nature and people thriving together where nature lives….
To achieve a world where all people are living harmoniously alongside nature; the charity must broaden its appeal and enable more diverse people to act for nature.
The organisation inspire everyone to thrive harmoniously alongside the natural world by offering inclusive, memorable, and emotive, nature-based experiences, enhancing the lives of visitors, wildlife, and special places the charity protect.
The charity's Nature Reserves are windows into the wildlife and habitats they are fighting to protect. They showcase the wonderful conservation work the charity is delivering, and should inspire, enable, and empower everyone to play their part in the fight against the nature and climate emergency.
They are looking for someone who will provide leadership in interpretation, ensuring a world class experience across the organisation's nature reserves for everyone.
They are creating a new strategy for new ways to engage and excite their audiences through innovative events and experiences across their nature reserves. They are looking for someone with expertise in creating amazing visitor offers and striving for excellence across visitor operations. They would welcome applications from the cultural arts, visitor attraction and tourism sectors to spearhead this new approach to their annual events and experiences programme across their nature reserves.
- Set the expected standards on reserves for visitor experience providing direction to underpin a high-quality visitor offer and a consistent experience on the nature reserves – leading on profitability, exemplary customer service and infrastructure; ensuring reserves are front and centre of the charity brand.
- Drive the implementation of the visitor experience strategy across allocated geographical areas and work collaboratively with nature reserve teams to support them in achieving their ambitions. This role will work closely with country and central teams.
- Create a step change in interpreting the nature reserves, someone who can inspire and move people to learn more about the incredible stories the nature reserves have to tell. Using your expertise in interpretation, events or exhibitions, you will help to create fantastic days out for everyone. This role will work closely with country and nature reserve teams, as well as external stakeholders in seeking out creative ideas to enhance our visitor offer.
- To provide consultancy support to the charity nature reserves in shaping the visitor experience and deliver strategy across teams
- Be a leader, working collaboratively across UK countries and departments, with a broad skillset who will support nature reserve teams across the UK in achieving their ambitions.
What the charity want to see:
- Expertise in visitor experience/operations/engagement/cultural arts to position the charity's nature reserves as a world class visitor destinations, following their vision of being the UK’s leading choice for nature experiences.
- The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of visitor attractions, creative arts, or public engagement and how to interpret sites creatively whilst also having excellent commercial knowledge. They are looking for someone with a broad skillset who is willing to drive this area of visitor experience and support the nature reserves in achieving their ambitions.
- Using your expertise and your excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, you are able to produce effective guidance, support and toolkits for reserves in their planning as well as leading on national initiatives working with external parties.
What you can expect:
- A supportive, dynamic, and high-performing team of talented individuals around you, who want to make the world a better place than we found it.
- The chance to lead and get involved with exciting new plans to support the charity's nature reserves in a step change in how the charity drive visits, create amazing experiences connecting people to nature and making a real difference in ensuring the protection of our incredible places for wildlife and people.
- Access to excellent learning and development opportunities and employee benefits package.
- Opportunities to travel across all four countries of the United Kingdom and get closer to our amazing wildlife, all while you play your part in safeguarding its future.
No two days are the same! The charity is looking for someone who is flexible and willing to travel. Some days you will be based at home or in the office, others you will be visiting some of the most beautiful places in the UK.
Closing date: 23:59, 06 September 2021
Please click 'Apply’ - you will be prompted to complete a short CHM Recruit form before being redirected to complete your online application for this position.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.