Visitor Experience Area Consultant (Marketing)
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Annual Leave
This role will cover: Wales and the Central region or Southern England and Northern Ireland.
This charity showcases nature and people thriving together where nature lives….
To achieve a world where all people are living harmoniously alongside nature; this charity must broaden its appeal and enable more diverse people to act for nature.
They inspire everyone to thrive harmoniously alongside the natural world by offering inclusive, memorable, and emotive, nature-based experiences, enhancing the lives of visitors, wildlife, and special places they protect.
The charity’s Nature Reserves are windows into the wildlife and habitats they are fighting to protect. They showcase the wonderful conservation work the organisation is delivering, and should inspire, enable, and empower everyone to play their part in the fight against the nature and climate emergency.
They are looking for someone who will provide leadership in visitor experience and marketing, ensuring a world class experience across the organisation’s nature reserves for everyone.
This charity is creating a new strategy for positioning their reserves as fantastic days out in nature. They are looking for someone with expertise across visitor experience as well as knowledge and experience of marketing destinations and targeting audiences with the right offer. They would welcome applications from the tourism, visitor attraction and heritage sectors to spearhead this new approach to planning and marketing experiences across their nature reserves.
- Set the expected standards on reserves for visitor experience providing direction to underpin a high-quality visitor offer and a consistent experience across their nature reserves – focusing on profitability, exemplary customer service and infrastructure; ensuring reserves are front and centre of this charity’s brand.
- Drive the implementation of the visitor experience strategy across allocated geographical areas and work collaboratively with nature reserve teams to support them in achieving their ambitions. This role will work closely with country and central teams.
- Be a creative individual to create a step change in marketing these nature reserves. They are looking for someone who can inspire and drive visitation to the reserves working closely with country and central teams. You will have lots of ideas in how to use the incredible stories these reserves have to tell in showcasing these reserves as amazing places to visit. This is an exciting opportunity to help position this charity’s nature reserves as visitor attractions in the heart of nature.
- Provide consultancy support to the charity’s nature reserves in shaping the visitor experience and deliver strategy across teams.
- Be a leader, working collaboratively across UK countries and departments, with a broad skillset who will support nature reserve teams across the UK in achieving their ambitions.
What they want to see:
- Expertise in visitor experience/operations/engagement and marketing to position this charity’s nature reserves as world class visitor destinations, following their vision of being the UK’s leading choice for nature experiences.
- Using your expertise and your excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, you are able to produce effective guidance, support and toolkits for reserves in their planning as well as leading on national initiatives, working with external partners and tourism agencies.
- The ideal candidate will have a great understanding of visitor attractions or public engagement and how to market sites creatively whilst also having excellent commercial knowledge. They are looking for someone with a broad skillset who is willing to drive visitor experience growth to ensure success across visitor operations.
What you can expect:
- A supportive, dynamic, and high-performing team of talented individuals around you, who want to make the world a better place than we found it.
- The chance to lead and get involved with exciting new plans to support their nature reserves in a step change in how they drive visits, create amazing experiences connecting people to nature and making a real difference in ensuring the protection of these incredible places for wildlife and people.
- Access to excellent learning and development opportunities and employee benefits package.
- Opportunities to travel across all four countries of the United Kingdom and get closer to amazing wildlife, all while you play your part in safeguarding its future.
- No two days are the same! They are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to travel. Some days you will be based at home or in the office, others you will be visiting some of the most beautiful places in the UK.
This is a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: 23:59, 06 September 2021
Please click 'Apply’ - you will be prompted to complete a short CHM Recruit form before being redirected to complete your online application for this position.
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete an application form to evidence of how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience requested.
This role will require completion of a PVG in addition to the standard pre-employment checks.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.