Head of Fundraising
We are seeking and experienced Head of Fundraising to ensure the successful strategic development and delivery of the charity’s business development, fundraising, digital, communications and marketing activities.
Our client is a local charity supporting unpaid carers across Wiltshire who are caring for a relative, friend or neighbour who have an illness or disability.
Position: Head of Fundraising
Location: Home-based with agreed visits to the Semington office.
Salary: £46,000 per annum
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week, with flexible and home based working
Benefits: 28 days’ holiday in addition to bank holidays, 5% employer contribution to pension, free annual eye tests.
Closing date: 23rd September 2021
About the Role:
As Head of Fundraising you will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and ensure the successful strategic development and delivery of business development, fundraising, digital, communications and marketing activities, as well as administering the Trustee Board’s Fundraising and Publicity Committee. You will line manage a team of 7, plus volunteers in the department.
You will need to have demonstrable experience of successful delivery of a programme of fundraising activities, such as appeals, major donors, corporates, high net worth individuals and events, as well as the following essential skills and experience:
- Significant track record in business development and creation of successful tenders gained within the Charity sector
- Track record of introducing successful fundraising innovations
- Understanding of comms activities in the charity sector
- GDPR legislation and regulations; the Code of Fundraising Practice
- The ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and engage diverse audiences, including trustees, commissioners, external partners, staff and volunteers
- Ability to produce, analyse, evaluate and present data for operational, reporting and strategic purposes
- Confident using office IT and database systems
- A confident leader with the ability to work as part of the senior leadership team, with a results and solution-focused mentality
About the organisation:
3 in 5 of us will become a carer at some point in our lives. Whether we are caring for a parent, partner or family member with an illness or disability, caring is a rewarding and demanding role.
Our client helps carers access services, information, education and training, respite, and breaks from their caring role. They ensure they have a voice that is heard and work with health and social care professionals and employers to raise carer awareness and develop best practice.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Fundraising Manager, Senior Fundraiser, Trusts and Grants Fundraising, Trusts and Foundations Manager, Fundraising Innovation Manager, Deputy Head of Fundraising, Fundraising Director, Donor Manager, Head of Fundraising Development, Head of Partnerships, etc.