Our Finance Manager role is hands on working within a small team, responsible for managing all aspects of the charity’s finances. The role will include handling and input of transactions as well as supporting the Managing Director (MD) and senior team and advising the Board of Trustees with the provision of timely and insightful forecasting and reporting.
The successful candidate will maintain effective financial controls and support the MD in developing business plans and analysis They will provide key analysis and insights to senior leaders to inform decision making and drive effective, sustainable and commercial planning.
The role will include challenging and supporting the charity and senior team in driving value for money opportunities. The Finance Manager will manage one (external) bookkeeper and some of the administrator’s time.
Please see the job description for detailed responsibilities.
You will be expected to have a professional UK accounting qualification and be able to demonstrate significant experience in the following areas:
- Experience working in a finance role in a UK non-profit organisation
- Experience using Xero accounting software
- Experience delivering monthly management accounts
- Experience of managing payroll
- Experience of year end examination/audit
- Experience of setting & planning annual budgets
- Experience of cash flow management as an active part of maintaining the financial health of the charity
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to staff without a financial background
- Line management experience
Ideally, you will also have the following:
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of project management
- Finance knowledge of similar departments such as IT, HR, finance and property within a not for profit organisation.