Hyde Park, London, W2 (with travel to all parks)
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic and precious parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital, as well as a refuge for nature.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We are now seeking a proactive Grants Manager to join our Fundraising Team on a full-time, permanent contract.
- Salary of £35,752 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 26 days’ annual leave, plus public holidays
- Pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Health Cash Plan and Private Health Insurance
This is a fantastic opportunity for a successful fundraising professional with a background in writing bid applications generating six and seven-figure income to join our team and help facilitate the growth of our projects and programmes.
From incredible historic buildings to the pathways and public facilities across all 5,000 acres, your important work will help ensure our Parks can continue to be enjoyed by the public for years to come thanks to the generosity of our funders.
So, if you have the skills and experience we’re looking for and want to help London’s green spaces flourish, we want to hear from you.
As a Grants Manager, you will be responsible for building our grant income and developing successful relationships primarily with trusts and foundations and national funding bodies.
Working closely with colleagues across the organisation, you will help develop and write high-quality grant applications to support bids that can help fund the work of our capital projects and programmes in heritage, wellbeing, nature and more.
You will identify and prioritise external funding opportunities to attract new funding sources and report to existing funders to enable long term relationships.
In addition, you will liaise with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to source and collate the financial and qualitative information needed for a successful and cohesive proposals.
In this role, you will also:
- Lead on the development of bids, including structure, content and alignment with funder requirements
- Project manage the proposal development process on behalf of the organisation
- Retain support for existing programmes including Greenwich Park Revealed and the Play Programme
To join us as a Grants Manager, you will need:
- Proven success in writing applications for significant grant funders (trusts, foundations, other institutional donors) to generate six and seven figure income for capital and programme work
- Experience of working collaboratively with colleagues to bring together knowledge and agree requirements for successful bids
- A track record in managing a pipeline of funding applications
- High levels of numeracy and experience in budget planning, pipeline management, financial preparation and analysis for report writing
- The ability to review, summarise and present a high volume of information quickly and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and management skills
Experience in building strong, long-term relationships with grant-makers through personal stewardship and high-quality reporting, preferably in the heritage, community and/or environment sectors, would be beneficial to your application.
Experience in preparing visually compelling content for donor engagement and grant funder stewardship and reporting content would be advantageous, as would advanced structuring, writing and editing skills.
An understanding of programme design and budget management, programme delivery and impact reporting in the environment and heritage sectors would be equally desirable, as would membership and/or accreditation by The Chartered Institute of Fundraising.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising and Grants Manager, Grant and Bid Writer, Grants and Fundraising Lead, Income Generation and Engagement Manager, or Trust and Foundations Manager.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Grants Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.