LSBU Group is a family of education providers, led by London South Bank University. They work to a shared educational framework across secondary, further, higher education and beyond.
They aim to banish the idea that you need a certain kind of background to succeed. To break the cycle of social inequality from one generation to the next. And to give everyone - whoever they are, wherever they're from - the skills and self-belief to get the future they want.
LSBU group share a passion: to provide excellent, accessible, supportive and flexible education that creates better life chances - from enhanced career outcomes to improved health and wellbeing.
The Portfolio Marketing Manager works closely with designated Academic Schools to shape, develop and implement an effective integrated marketing strategy and to achieve challenging recruitment targets. We have three roles available within Healthcare, Business and Law, and Arts and Social Sciences.
These are exciting opportunities for current or aspiring Marketing Managers to join a growing team who are passionate about engaging with prospective and future students creatively and effectively.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with School's Senior Management Team to understand core business objectives, help establish recruitment priorities, and identify marketing opportunities.
- Through insights gained from market intelligence and analysis, the role is responsible for devising and delivering a subject-focused annual marketing strategy.
- Create, manage and execute detailed operational plans reflecting an integrated marketing mix encompassing events, PR, Social Media, Digital, Content, Web, and School Liaison.
- Work with the market research team to source market intelligence, develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge on market size and trends.
- Contribute to the development of the portfolio, pricing, marketing and university-wide student recruitment strategies by preparing analysis and reports using market data, competitor data, survey results and enquiries and admissions.
- Brief and manage external marketing and creative agencies in the delivery of content to production of videos and print.
- Work closely with colleagues from the Student Journey directorate to ensure subject portfolios are benefiting from centrally-led areas of work including campaign marketing, press and PR, CRM, social media, alumni and digital marketing.
- Plan Open Day and other on-site recruitment-related events, delivering a strong visitor experiencing, planning content and gaining buy-in from School stakeholders. Work with the Events Team to deliver these events in person and online, reporting on success for continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for new team members who are creative thinkers, capable doers and persuasive influencers to be ambassadors for the new portfolio of courses, who can champion strengths and collaborate for success.
- Prior marketing experience in a higher education setting is highly desirable.
- Substantial experience of developing and managing integrated marketing strategies, utilising the full communications mix, to drive market growth and achieve commercial targets
- Experience of producing effective and impactful marketing and communications strategies and plans targeted at a distinct range of audiences.
- Proven account management experience - experience of advising senior stakeholders on issues affecting marketing and recruitment and evidence of a diplomatic and confident approach to handling stakeholders through negotiation, conflict resolution and outstanding customer service
What's on Offer
- The salary of the Portfolio Marketing Manager is £38,307-£44,832 plus benefits.
- This role is permanent and based at London South Bank University.
- The location of this role is in Southwark (London) and 1-2 days per week will be required in the office.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0820213562376Z