Development Manager (12 months FTC)
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Fixed Term / Temporary Contract (minimum of 12 months maternity cover from November 2021)
Our client is one of the UK's largest regional producing theatres. They engage and inspire communities in Plymouth and the South West especially those who feel the arts aren’t for them. They do this through understanding and influencing the cultural, social and educational needs of their community, engaging and creating talent.
2021/2022 is a year of recovery and transition for our client. Our client’s build-back responds to Arts Council England’s Let’s Create strategy that provides them with the opportunity to renew their vision and creative strategy in a way that is meaningful and relevant to their diverse communities.
Our client is currently recruiting for a Development Manager to lead and support their Development Team through the next year as they build back from the pandemic. You will be responsible for creating and delivering the Development Strategy, with direct responsibility for reaching the fundraising target of £234k net in 2021/22 through efficient management of membership and sponsorship schemes, philanthropic donations and other fundraising.
Managing the Development Officers (Individual Membership and Corporate Support), you will oversee and deliver exciting fundraising campaigns and oversee efficient recruitment and retention for our client’s Memberships and Sponsorships, ensuring that relationships are created and developed.
Key responsibilities include:
- You’ll build on the success of our client’s Membership relaunch in July 2021, build on the donations they had during the pandemic and find ways to celebrate and fundraise during their 40-year anniversary with Members in 2022.
- You will also manage, plan and deliver exciting fundraising campaigns to generate donations and awareness of the organisation as a charity.
- Manage all revenue generating schemes to achieve financial targets based on improved understanding of audiences
- Work to establish action plans in line with the ambitions of Development projects
- Collaborate with and support the Freelance Trust and Foundations Officer with grant applications, including liaising with colleagues in the Finance and Engagement & Learning teams.
- Ensure that all legal requirements are adhered to in relation to fundraising, memberships, donations and sponsors.
- Ensure the professional account management of all members, ensuring membership recruitment and retention, excellent customer experience and delivery of membership benefits.
Please see the full list of responsibilities on the Job Description attached.
Our client’s ideal candidate:
- Strong experience working in a Development, Fundraising, Business Development or Communications role
- An understanding of the creative sector would be advantageous
- An understanding of growing loyalty and support through deepening engagement
- Experience of setting standards of quality and used to giving regular feedback to drive continual improvement
- Ability to build strong working relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to manage the expectations of internal and external colleagues
- A proactive leader and manager, contributing to organisational goals and inspiring teams to deliver
- Excellent at project management with the ability to support others to deliver to deadlines
- Competent IT user with experience of CRM systems to analyse and evaluate data.
In return our client offers:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday per year
- Company Pension Scheme
- Great ticket offers
- Discounts with many local businesses
Are you a proactive leader? Do you have a flair for developing strategic communications and/or fundraising plans for short, medium or long-term objectives? If so, our client would love to hear from you!
Inclusion and Diversity
Our client is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion, with a workforce, participants and audiences that reflect the diversity of the communities they serve.
The collective power of each team member’s life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression and talent creates the very best environment for our client to achieve their ambitions and lead the sector.
In recruiting for our client’s team they recognise the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Closing date for applications: 21st September 2021
Ideal start date: Monday 1st November 2021
#NowHiring #Jobs #DevelopmentManager #ExternalAffairs #Engagement #CorporateCommunication #Communications #StrategicCommunications #RelationshipManagement #Fundraising #Development #BusinessDevelopment #Media #Charity #CharityJobs #Plymouth #PlymouthJobs #Devon