If you value the importance of workplace collaboration, working together to make unified decisions, to maximise the success of an organisation, then this role for you.
Carers Service Manager
Reporting Line: Head of Services
Hours/Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Hybrid working, primarily home-based with some office working
Salary: £30,300 per annum
Our client is a charity covering East Kent that provides Carers with the information and support they need. Their services are available to people looking after a relative or friend, who due to physical or mental illness, age related difficulties, disability or an addiction, cannot manage without their support.
Caring can be rewarding but also challenging. Each situation is different, but we know that caring brings practical, physical and emotional challenges. They care about the health and well-being of Carers and provide information, support and signposting/referral to services to help with those challenges.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Carers Service Manager to join the team. You will have outstanding management skills and be a role model with a passion for motivating and developing your team. The postholder will report into the Head of Services and be responsible for the effective delivery of carer services within the Community Team. A demonstrable ability to identify issues and find solutions proactively, will be key in striving for continuous improvement and excellence. This is a growing not-for-profit organisation that delivers a service which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
As Carers Service Manager, you will work closely with the Service Delivery management team to ensure our contractual responsibilities are met, outcomes are achieved for Carers and opportunities for continuous improvement are identified and implemented.
You will provide overall management of the Community Team and services delivered through contracts/grant funding and will provide direct line management and support to Team Leaders and Team Coordinators, to ensure the safe and effective delivery of services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring service delivery in the Community Team meets contractual requirements, Key Performance Indicators are met/exceeded, and KCC policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Leading in the evaluation and continuous improvement of service delivery, keeping staff positive, involved and engaged, presenting robust management information and business cases for change/development.
- Problem solve day to day service delivery issues, liaising with the management team and/or managers in other services e.g. Kent County Council to provide outcomes for Carers and embed joint working practices.
- Support the effective management of Safeguarding at the charity by ensuring policies, procedures and business processes are adhered to.
- Ensure financial measures and controls are in place and adhered to, ensuring teams are operating within agreed service delivery budgets, adhering to policies and contractual requirements.
- A proven ability to lead teams, drive continuous improvement and develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring our services are widely regarded as being of a high standard.
To be successful you will have:
- Solid experience of leading and managing a team.
- A good understanding of contractual targets and performance measures.
- Confidence in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Experience of working to and implementing policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills
On some occasions, there will be an expectation for you to travel locally to meet the team. This can be discussed further at the interview.
Closing date for applications:
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
Appointments are subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This charity encourages and welcome applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
No agencies please.